Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
livecharts site now available but pivots are same as Mondays i e updated from Friday's data, so still no new pivots available.

livecharts site now available but pivots are same as Mondays i e updated from Friday's data, so still no new pivots available.

morning or evening from bangkok, very hot and humid here so heading out for a few drinks,

well done to those picking up points over the last few days(y)

i have just checked livcharts and yes its showing fridays pivots

no livecharts take there info from yahoofinance so head over there and look for the index you want and take the high low and close and enter it in as normal

if your running autopivots then i would only trust the UWC demo account levels are very reliable

good luck with your trading

Looks like there is a nice trade on the eurgbp

just missed it and 1 point off a 1 to 1 risk/reward so well worth taking

chart
eurgbp.gif

Hi Pocrel, grabbed a few pips off eurgbp - nice pin on gbpusd now. Not sure how to manually calculate pivots - is there an easy bit of kit for this? Ta Geoff

Hi Pocrel, grabbed a few pips off eurgbp - nice pin on gbpusd now. Not sure how to manually calculate pivots - is there an easy bit of kit for this? Ta Geoff

OK, sorry to have bothered you, I've found it on babypips.

been a bit lazy today not posted any of my setups but been a good day for me so far, bout to finish as its tea time here in bangkok and that means a few beers

hope everyone else is having a good day

eurgbp gave a great setup hope you took it gelly?

just back in and i see nobody can be bothered to post a trade, not sure why when there is alot of good trades around , perhaps i should focus my attention on people who are only interested in really learning to trade?????? if i see you been active on the thread then i will be happy to teach you what i know but if your sitting in the back round then forget about it, your wasting my time

been a bit lazy today not posted any of my setups but been a good day for me so far, bout to finish as its tea time here in bangkok and that means a few beers

hope everyone else is having a good day

eurgbp gave a great setup hope you took it gelly?

This was a case where I used the pivot on UHC mt4 which being 8948 meant the bar closed above the line. Perhaps it was close enough & I should just have traded it - pity it was a great move.

Hallo Pocrel. Well I did take a few today - only trade in the mornings, but not so good for me.
Bar times BST:
7.30 cac -8 (2nd bar but maybe a bit early)
9.00 gold +16 (closed 2nd half early & went to lunch - good move)
9.30 eurusd-24
9.30 cac -13
So -29 not too bad but pity about the eurgbp.
Will try to find time to post any setups tomorrow. Yes it does seem not many are viewing the post while you're away. Don't know why. I'm learning more each day so please don't give up. Cheers, & watch that Bangkok beer:) Geoff

Hi Procrel, I hope you continue. I know there is points in them there pins. I have to work at the glue factory 6AM to 6Pm M-F so i try to get a few in early. I set my pivot lines off pivot farm and used last weeks numbers. Would that be correct? Thanks Hope you get some good dim sum!to go with bangkok beer!! D@M I wish I was there.Jeff

cheers lads just waking up must have had a few to many beers last night, beer and jet lag it gets hazy, so my rant was more of a beer rant than anything else, cheers for the support

patrick

Hi Procrel, I hope you continue. I know there is points in them there pins. I have to work at the glue factory 6AM to 6Pm M-F so i try to get a few in early. I set my pivot lines off pivot farm and used last weeks numbers. Would that be correct? Thanks Hope you get some good dim sum!to go with bangkok beer!! D@M I wish I was there.Jeff

hi jeff, not sure what you mean about setting your numbers from last weeks figures, you must take your levels from livecharts or oilngoldc.om, i use pivot farm only for eurgbp but my autopivot works well with UWC demo account for metatrader so just use that and check the levels before a trade makes life alot easier

as for index and commodities i enter all the levels manually its better this way as i have not found anything automated to do this correctly

best luck

patrick

cheers lads just waking up must have had a few to many beers last night, beer and jet lag it gets hazy, so my rant was more of a beer rant than anything else, cheers for the support

patrick

Haha Good stuff mate! What beer you drinking out there? My girlfriend is from Thailand, I hope to visit one day. She's introduced me to Singha and Chang beer.... Not bad!!! I'm on hol for a week now, just down in Devon. Not quite as glamorous as Thailand! I'll try and keep my EA trading but you might not hear much from me. Have u heard from JJ at all? He seems to have disappeared from the private thread! Hope you are doing ok mate, have fun in Thailand,

Sam.

Haha Good stuff mate! What beer you drinking out there? My girlfriend is from Thailand, I hope to visit one day. She's introduced me to Singha and Chang beer.... Not bad!!! I'm on hol for a week now, just down in Devon. Not quite as glamorous as Thailand! I'll try and keep my EA trading but you might not hear much from me. Have u heard from JJ at all? He seems to have disappeared from the private thread! Hope you are doing ok mate, have fun in Thailand,

Sam.

hi sam, i was wondering what your doing up this late ? i would be sleeping like a baby :)

i was drinking that chang beer, i was looking at the bottle and its 6.4% damn strong stuff lucky i am irish i can just about handle it (well with a few rants)

enjoy the cider of Devon nice spot, as for jj not seen nor heard of the man he has upped and vanished, did you and amer sort out your stuff?

as for thailand its a great place you have to get out here especially the islands beautiful but i am sure your girlfriend will know all the best spots

now go to sleep sam:cheesy:

patrick

hi jeff, not sure what you mean about setting your numbers from last weeks figures, you must take your levels from livecharts or oilngoldc.om, i use pivot farm only for eurgbp but my autopivot works well with UWC demo account for metatrader so just use that and check the levels before a trade makes life alot easier

as for index and commodities i enter all the levels manually its better this way as i have not found anything automated to do this correctly

best luck

patrick

Ok thanks I'll get a UWC demo and use those. I new i had the levels wrong . Thanks Pat rick. JM