Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks pocrel. I know what you mean about emotions. I know you are uk based... Do you spread bet this system? I was considering spread betting with smart live markets as they have mt4 platform and allow 10p per point.

EDIT just noticed your charts are smart live spread bet! Good broker in your experience?

yes hits i spreadbet here in the uk and i find smartlive fine i also use worldspreads and igindex

my analysis is even holding up on the short eurgbp, not bad for a non farm payroll day

chart
eurgbp.gif

My charts are mess now thats why i dont really trade after non farms

so going to call it a day, been not to bad for half a week

Totals: trades 5

+77.5 full points

4 wins
1scratched

have a good weekend, i am not really trading uk time next week due to work, travelling to bangkok and sydney so might catch some of the late night traders, i tend to look more at the asian markets when i am in the far east so we will see

cheers

patrick

My charts are mess now thats why i dont really trade after non farms

so going to call it a day, been not to bad for half a week

Totals: trades 5

+77.5 full points

4 wins
1scratched

have a good weekend, i am not really trading uk time next week due to work, travelling to bangkok and sydney so might catch some of the late night traders, i tend to look more at the asian markets when i am in the far east so we will see

cheers

patrick

Thanks Patrick Have a great W/E, Another stellar week. I think Gelly should be Knighted and keep us in line .

This is my system that i have been trading for a while now, its very profitable and i want to share it with you :

What you need to do if you want to trade along with me :

1/Pin bars

2/ 30 min charts

3/ Daily Pivot points (which can be found here) http://www.livecharts.co.uk/Members/display_forex_pivots.php

4/ Markets : eur/usd, gbp/usd, eur/gbp, eur/jpy,aud/usd, and usdjpy for currencies and ftse, dax, cac40, s and p, dow, gold and wti oil

Rules for entry:

1/Pin bar must cut the Daily Pivot points this can be the DP, R1, R2,R3, S1,S2,S3

2/ The pin bar can be in the direction of the trend or counter trend

3/Entry is 1 point above or below the pin in direction of the pin

4/ Stop is 1 point below or above the pin

5/ Risk/reward must be at least 1 to 1,

6/ If you take a trade off the Daily Pivot point short then your target is S1 or if you go long then the target would be R1

Hi Pocrel,

This looks like a great system... I have read as much as i could, however, no one has shown any backtest results (just the one and its not the whole yr). Also, does anyone not give any monthly results?

I could back test the GBP/USD from 2000 to date.... ideally its best to do so from 2007.

but thanks again for sharing this.

bit of a problem with FxPro - they did something over the weekend and now the Autopivots indicator does not work. It shows nothing on the charts...

2011.06.06 09:53:15 AutoPivotIndicator_ver5 GBPJPY,H1: uninit reason 3

this is the error Autopivots gives...any ideas ?

GBPJPY pin bar just formed for a short position. Entry would have just been triggered.

Attachments

• GBPJPY.gif
    GBPJPY.gif
    49.1 KB · Views: 156
2011.06.06 09:53:15 AutoPivotIndicator_ver5 GBPJPY,H1: uninit reason 3

this is the error Autopivots gives...any ideas ?

Adv, I had this error and was told it was the server that was where the problem is. Not your end. I had to contact my broker tech on that error. Hoppe this helps.Jeff

took 27 points on that trade pocrels system is working very well today

Great Milka. Didn't take the eurjpy because I cancelled my order after waiting 2 bars for entry (rules are rules - drat!). Also stopped out on dax by 1pip & a later cac trade went down too. Made 11 pips back on cac at 1030 & as I don't trade gbpjpy it was minus 19 pips in total for me today.

Gelly your right it was sooo close thou.Milka I'd jumped in there with ya but I was slogging away at work.
MaxiV you have to do the homework to feel easy at the trades.JM

Morning, have been trying to access livecharts for the last hour & a half without success. Anybody else having this trouble?