Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've looked at plenty of the charts you've posted but your orders aren't on them so I can't tell which bars you placed the orders and at what price.. Unless I'm missing them on the charts.. I saw one fill line but I don't know what bar the order was placed on.

Here is another chart..

Is the limit order placed at the middle arrow price on the bar pointing by the top arrow? Is the bottom arrow for the stop at the right place (1 point below the middle pin bar?)

Thanks,

-Alli

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 173
Finished for the week

todays totals: trades 6

-34 full points

Weekly Total: 25 trades

+14 full points

suprise we made any points this week after the GOLD trades and again today with the DAX trades, pivot levels were wrong

but any profit is good :)

Just another thing i want to say is could we please try to keep the thread to just live calls of the system as it is starting to get clogged up with alot of EA stuff, we can come back to that later if you dont mind

thanks to everyone for there effort on it

thanks and have a great weekend

patrick

I think I just realized the confusion. The rules refer to "1 point". A point to me is one full point as in 1325.0 to 1326.0. For the S&P futures 1 full point is $50 per contract. Within each "1 point" on the ES there are 4 ticks which is worth $12.50 each. Looking back at the charts, I also didn't realize the orders went all the way across the charts - it made it look like support/resistance levels to me so I didn't realize those were your entry and stop points.

So it looks to me like you place your order 1 tick above the pin bar and the stop 1 tick below the pin bar.

Sorry for clogging up your thread, I just wanted to share the confusion I was having so maybe others will be able to follow along.

-Alli

Alli, knocked up a quick diagram to clarify things...

*edit* looks like you beat me too it and figured it out (y)

Attachments

• pinorder.jpg
    pinorder.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 153
Yeah I think because we're in different parts of the world we have different terminology for the same things which confused the hell out of me. lol

I was thinking "1 point below and above?! The orders would be WAY over here and there! What the hell?! lol" 1 pip/tick makes much more sense now...

Yeah I think because we're in different parts of the world we have different terminology for the same things which confused the hell out of me. lol

I was thinking "1 point below and above?! The orders would be WAY over here and there! What the hell?! lol" 1 pip/tick makes much more sense now...

yes if you are trading from Australia you will be taking trades in the opposite direction as you are in the southern hemisphere

Automated trade results for today: half off at 1 to1 second half run to pivot point

7 trades

no breakeven trades

eurusd +48

eurgbp +30

dax +20

silver +69

s and p -50

dow -40

nasdaq -7

+70 full points profit

First trade was a short on USDCHF at 10am, was that not valid?
Second trade, long FTSE at 11:30 then:
Long USDCAD at 12:00
Short GBPJPY at 13:30
Short EURJPY at 13:30
Short Gold at 13:30
Short GBPJPY at 14:30

None of these correct on your platform DDI?

Afternoon, not managed to trade today due to been on flight back from Chicago

just put my lines up and here is the trades i see so far, been a poor day for the system

cac -19

gold -45

brent -53

usdjpy +5 on half other half still running

First trade was a short on USDCHF at 10am, was that not valid?
Second trade, long FTSE at 11:30 then:
Long USDCAD at 12:00
Short GBPJPY at 13:30
Short EURJPY at 13:30
Short Gold at 13:30
Short GBPJPY at 14:30

None of these correct on your platform DDI?
Hi geewcee

Yes I do see some of them. USDCAD and GBPJPY not on my watchlist so i missed them (also spread so high on gbpjpy not worth taking them on this system), but yes the signals are there.

the eurjpy the pin is a bullish one and one to ignore. furthermore the trade never triggered as its low wasnt broken

the gold signal was also valid.

Thanks for the feedback, my demo feed seems a little jittery.
The EURJPY was a mistake on my behalf, I had 3 signals at the same time so forgot about the price breaking the pin so scratch that trade. Cheers.