Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PIN Bars may seem simple to explain on paper but i think in the real trading world there is a little bit of discretion with them

i have to say i will be trading bars that are not exactly what you would describe a PIN BAR as but sometimes it just looks right and is in the right area of the chart for me

as we progress this will become clearer

morning, first trade of the system live let hope its a good one

short eurjpy 113.13 stop 113.30

great risk/reward 112.00 is target area

Can i just clarify what the entry is? Are we saying the high of the bar + 1 and Low of the bar -1? Also if this is the case do we add the spread (particularly if we want to be long). My charts (SLM) show the bid only, so if we are on a chart with a high spread we might find we are filled a bit early (the price line does not actually break the high of the bar).

Can i just clarify what the entry is? Are we saying the high of the bar + 1 and Low of the bar -1? Also if this is the case do we add the spread (particularly if we want to be long). My charts (SLM) show the bid only, so if we are on a chart with a high spread we might find we are filled a bit early (the price line does not actually break the high of the bar).
i usually do 2 (or 3 pips) to account for the spread.

I tell you when it comes to filtering it may be a good idea to omit pins that are preceded by a massive bar in the opposite direction (like this eurjpy). Patrick would know better as he is more experienced in this but in my relatively short time I've seen a good few of those going pearshaped.
a failed trade in dow today when the preceding bar was relatively bearish. Am gonna look into this one,

Attachments

• Wall Street 5 may(DFB).png
    Wall Street 5 may(DFB).png
    25.3 KB · Views: 177
late in the night here in Vancouver

managed to get a aud short on

here is the chart
audusd.gif

hlaf off aud +27

Going to close out the rest of aud trade as i want to go to bed

so +19 on the second half

+23 full points

will try to be up for the us open and becareful as its non farm payroll day the mother of all days :)

Anyone get those pins on WTI and BRENT? I was in the shower and just missed them. Will see if i can get in on a retrace.
[edit] not looking likely though :(

I saw it and ignored it. Didnt like the preceding bar and all indicators were pointing in the opposite direction.

It worked out pretty well though. almost hit 2:1

Attachments

• Daily US Light Crude (Jun) (06-MAY-11).png
    Daily US Light Crude (Jun) (06-MAY-11).png
    23.7 KB · Views: 156
I saw it and ignored it. Didnt like the preceding bar and all indicators were pointing in the opposite direction.

It worked out pretty well though. almost hit 2:1

I didnt get back in. Shame. Finding it difficult this week as i have a lot of work to do so finding myself just missing out a lot.

Going to close out the rest of aud trade as i want to go to bed

so +19 on the second half

+23 full points

will try to be up for the us open and becareful as its non farm payroll day the mother of all days :)

just waking up damn body clock

aud completed the pattern nicely i see wish i had left it run , reason why it took the aud trade is because out of european hours i would only trade asian currencies you will still find they move nicely in there own region times

chart
audusd.gif

Anyone get those pins on WTI and BRENT? I was in the shower and just missed them. Will see if i can get in on a retrace.
[edit] not looking likely though :(

What a great pin on WTI good for 250 points cant get much better than that

hope someone made some money (y)

Looks like its been a good day for the system today. Lots of cash on offer for anyone vigilent enough to take it. There was another good pin on AUDUSD at 10am (my chart time) this morning and a less good (but successful one on USDCAD) at the same time. One just passed on USDCAD that i tried to get in on late then the price gapped down while i had the order on screen (Its really not my day).

Looks like its been a good day for the system today. Lots of cash on offer for anyone vigilent enough to take it. There was another good pin on AUDUSD at 10am (my chart time) this morning and a less good (but successful one on USDCAD) at the same time. One just passed on USDCAD that i tried to get in on late then the price gapped down while i had the order on screen (Its really not my day).

yes looks like tha aud is playing the pivots today very well , my autopivots is off by a couple of points but nothing that would have kept you out of the trades

chart of aud
audusd.gif

please feel free to post the cad chart Mata Nui

now that non farm is out of the way perhaps we can get a couple of setups this after noon

yes looks like tha aud is playing the pivots today very well , my autopivots is off by a couple of points but nothing that would have kept you out of the trades

chart of aud
View attachment 113222

please feel free to post the cad chart Mata Nui

now that non farm is out of the way perhaps we can get a couple of setups this after noon

OK, USDCAD chart. The first one isnt really 100% with the system as its off a mid point. My autopivots plots them by default and you will find price often bounces off them the same as the main points. Given the choice i would have gone with the AUDUSD at the same time. The second one looked like a good short re-entry into the down trend. A good pin off the main pivot. I was about 2 mins from the end of the next pin when i saw it and opened an order. Price gapped down on the new bar open messing up the order so i missed it. Price then returned before going down to hit the target.

Attachments

• usdcad.png
    usdcad.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 181