Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
my entry a bit high but fingers crossed.

Attachments

• Spot FX USD_JPY 3 may(DFB).png
    Spot FX USD_JPY 3 may(DFB).png
    25.5 KB · Views: 141
unlucky clissold, not a pair i trade and a little out side of my timing for the system aswell, maybe stick to the system rules a little more for best results

but the setup looked solid what can you do, please post charts also if you can no point just saying buy this etc does not help anyone learn

thanks

patrick

Hi Patrick. Thanks for sharing your system (as I've said before)! Apologies! Now I've checked, I see you don't trade USDCHF - although livecharts give the pivots. And you don't trade Brent? Yes I won't post trades outside your markets. Yes I won't post trades outside your trading times (830am to 430pm BST I believe). Yes I'll work out how to post charts. Regards, Chris.

cac looks nice for a long trade, but the risk reward no good we need a break and pullback of the pin for entry so will be watching for this

cac looks nice for a long trade, but the risk reward no good we need a break and pullback of the pin for entry so will be watching for this

here is the cac chart the only way we could have go the trade to work was an entry at the green line

shame nice momentum there
cac.gif

Also i am not going to trade Gold today or Silver, i cant seem to get the data to mach up between livecharts.com and oilngold.com the pivot levels are way off and i like to see the information similar so we can see what the key levels everyone is looking at, if everyone is looking at different levels then these points wont be significant

hope that makes sense? it does in my head but others might think i mad :)

Also i am not going to trade Gold today or Silver, i cant seem to get the data to mach up between livecharts.com and oilngold.com the pivot levels are way off and i like to see the information similar so we can see what the key levels everyone is looking at, if everyone is looking at different levels then these points wont be significant

hope that makes sense? it does in my head but others might think i mad :)

i just cant see how oilngold is getting that low of 1516.2 on gold? my chart from yesterday never got anywhere near

what do you think of this ddi?

i know you like there levels on silver have you check them out?

i just cant see how oilngold is getting that low of 1516.2 on gold? my chart from yesterday never got anywhere near

just to give you an idea of what we are contending with the high on livecharts is off aswell

the close are similar so i think the oilngold have got the low wrong and livecharts have the high wrong

looks like from now on we will need to input the figures ourselves from the charts

the close on gold is at 7pm gmt

yes I noticed that as well patrick. I usually look at my autipivots as the clue and then use whichever (from livecharts/oilngold) are closer to them. In this case I found that for gold livecharts seem ok but silver oilngold.

livecharts got the low wrong on silver!

so i have inputed all my levels manually on gold and silver today

here are the charts and levels, let me know if you get the same

gold
gold.gif

silver
silver.gif

no for gold I got different values.

used the livecharts calculator, used high 1551.2, low 1527.2, close 1529.8

I got

R3:1568.9
R2:1560.06
R1: 1544.93
PP: 1536.06
S1: 1520.93
S2:1512.06
S3:1496.93

no for gold I got different values.

used the livecharts calculator, used high 1551.2, low 1527.2, close 1529.8

I got

R3:1568.9
R2:1560.06
R1: 1544.93
PP: 1536.06
S1: 1520.93
S2:1512.06
S3:1496.93

your close is way off ddi, its 1540.4 on both sites you have 1529.8?

the others are close enough, well done on usdjpy and why dont you have a closing order at 1 to 1????:sneaky:

I used 7pm gmt as close which makes it 8pm london time. (usually no difference as it hardly moves that time of day but yesterday wasnt the case.).

with 1540.4 i got the same values as you did.

I should leave closing order, but I dont as sometimes when momentum is with it and keeps going, one wants to squeeze as many point as possible.

Last edited:
I used 7pm gmt as close which makes it 8pm london time. (usually no difference as it hardly moves that time of day but yesterday wasnt the case.).

with 1540.4 i got the same values as you did.

I should leave closing order, but I dont as sometimes when momentum is with it and keeps going, one wants to squeeze as many point as possible.

we need to keep an eye on this closing time for gold and silver to know where they are exactly getting the closing price from, they are both using the same time and that what i want to know

please take note tonight of the times for future calculations

I just look at the close of the 30 min bar from 19:30-20:00 (for gmt.)

Thats what they should both use. odd!