Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That isnt the way to deal with criticism, you just made a bit of a mistake there, especially if you're hoping to get customers from this site.

I don't get it. He's been posting live calls for months now, with a bunch of followers. Now he's going to post them live in the trading room, so everyone can see them a lot quicker and follow them. They will benefit, he will benefit and maybe he will have a bit more security to take trading more seriously himself. It's harder to argue trading full time, when you're not guaranteed an income every week. At least this way he will never go hungry.

Cheers brettus, I think if people are looking for con men on this site it's certainly not me no matter these guys are saying, grooming people this not a cult, I never asked anyone for anything g on here, actually I did and they could nt be bothered to respond, I certainly would never behave like this but perhaps I understand why now !!

Why not just let the market decide as they say? If he does a good job there will be customers, if not there won't be any.

This thread will be here for feedback anyways.

It amazes me how much scum crawl out of the wood work to slag you off on this site, i dont mind arguing with someone who is willing to trade live(which i dont really see from many on here) if your not willing to put your calls on the line then please post elsewhere on this site as your not welcome here

thanks to everyone for your support on my journal which i have made every effort to get my system across and which you certainly dont have to pay a penny for and on the live room today, I really appreciate your support

you have lowered yourself using the word 'scum'. All I was suggesting is that instead of focusing on making money off noobs you could refocus on your trading system, I think you have a great base for a system but it needs more confluence. Many of us have seem so many people go down the route you have and it ends in the same place.

Ok so perhaps scum was a harsh word to use but if you attack a dog often enough it will bite back, and believe I am no pussy cat, I have added alot free wealth to this site as the previous poster has just said the free market will decide

you have lowered yourself using the word 'scum'. All I was suggesting is that instead of focusing on making money off noobs you could refocus on your trading system, I think you have a great base for a system but it needs more confluence. Many of us have seem so many people go down the route you have and it ends in the same place.

I disagree with your comments about my trades needs more confluence, please provide us with your obvious live examples when you get your chance, I would be only to happy to go over your live calls and see where I have gone wrong over the last 6months of live trade calls which alot of people did not seem to find fault with

porcel I think your method is good, thanks for sharing it. It has helped me look at intra-day trading in a different light now. I am adding your method to some other ideas of my own to form my own trading method

That isnt the way to deal with criticism, you just made a bit of a mistake there, especially if you're hoping to get customers from this site.

pb, I pretty much support everything you say everywhere else in the forum so I hate to disagree with you here but I really think you should cut Patrick some slack. At the end of the day, he's spent lots of time on here helping others and making live calls. So what if he wants to start selling his knowledge now. He's not scamming or misleading anyone. It is clear to see what he is offering. If people want to pay for that then why shouldn't he make some money from it?

Incidentally, I have had the system coded numerous times and back tested and optimized tens of thousands of settings. Including using different time zones for pivot points, different definitions of pin bars, use of many different stops and trailing stops as well as fixed targets. I can say that when properly tested, this system has no edge at all. The edge is purely in pocrel's skill and discretion. When he decides it just doesn't look right, when he decided it does look right, when he notices pivots are wrong, he knows when there is news out that might affect the trade, when he knows not to take any risks etc etc. If he can impart just a little bit of his knowledge then it is worth a lot more than all of the trash on this forum. There are hardly any decent trading threads on here anymore.

So, good luck to him I say. Stick to finding the real scammers PB - it's what you do best! ;)

Sam.

Ok so perhaps scum was a harsh word to use but if you attack a dog often enough it will bite back, and believe I am no pussy cat, I have added alot free wealth to this site as the previous poster has just said the free market will decide

hey P

Good luck to you in your future path but I would recommend you now take a long hard look at what and why you are posting at T2W

You clearly have somethng that works for you.......so decide if you are a trader or a trainer or a Hybrid of the 2...........

and be careful here at T2W or you will also be Banned

N:smart:

I have had the system coded numerous times and back tested and optimized tens of thousands of settings. Including using different time zones for pivot points, different definitions of pin bars, use of many different stops and trailing stops as well as fixed targets. I can say that when properly tested, this system has no edge at all.
Sam.

This is why you shouldn't take a trade off a pivot alone.:smart:

I don't think he's a scammer. I just think it was entirely predictable that it would turn into a paid service and probably some sort of 'fund' in due course. These things have a habit of turning into a disaster a la Wasp, Jacko etc etc.

One thing I did notice was that he was claiming to have 5 years experience 'highly successful' yet he was buying beginners books off Davy Robertson about 2 years ago. It would be better if he just stuck to the facts, these sort of claims can come back to haunt you and give the impression of a marketing campaign.

Agree about PINs and pivots though, discretion is required. No programming I ever did showed an edge if you took them all, regardless of what extra rules you put in place.

pb, I pretty much support everything you say everywhere else in the forum so I hate to disagree with you here but I really think you should cut Patrick some slack. At the end of the day, he's spent lots of time on here helping others and making live calls. So what if he wants to start selling his knowledge now. He's not scamming or misleading anyone. It is clear to see what he is offering. If people want to pay for that then why shouldn't he make some money from it?

Incidentally, I have had the system coded numerous times and back tested and optimized tens of thousands of settings. Including using different time zones for pivot points, different definitions of pin bars, use of many different stops and trailing stops as well as fixed targets. I can say that when properly tested, this system has no edge at all. The edge is purely in pocrel's skill and discretion. When he decides it just doesn't look right, when he decided it does look right, when he notices pivots are wrong, he knows when there is news out that might affect the trade, when he knows not to take any risks etc etc. If he can impart just a little bit of his knowledge then it is worth a lot more than all of the trash on this forum. There are hardly any decent trading threads on here anymore.

So, good luck to him I say. Stick to finding the real scammers PB - it's what you do best! ;)

Sam.

I don't think he's a scammer. I just think it was entirely predictable that it would turn into a paid service and probably some sort of 'fund' in due course. These things have a habit of turning into a disaster a la Wasp, Jacko etc etc.

One thing I did notice was that he was claiming to have 5 years experience 'highly successful' yet he was buying beginners books off Davy Robertson about 2 years ago. It would be better if he just stuck to the facts, these sort of claims can come back to haunt you and give the impression of a marketing campaign.

Agree about PINs and pivots though, discretion is required. No programming I ever did showed an edge if you took them all, regardless of what extra rules you put in place.

At least you dont think i am a scammer pboyles,

As for my years of experience and my book purchases i never claimed 5 very successful years of trading, facts are that i have been trading for 7 years with very little knowledge at the start but over time i have become successful and the last 2 years have been my best

As for books and courses i always like to buy them and will continue to do so, i certainly dont claim to know it all and i am always willing to learn from others thats why i am here on trade2win in the first place, its turns out Davys was not great but he had a few ideas and at the time there was very little spreadbetting books about

Do you still buy books or try to learn new stuff? i am sure you do, we both have a great interest in the markets and if your like me you love learning stuff and trying to put your own edge on it

Sorry my mistake, it says '5 years experience trading the markets with great success', which still gives me the impression you've been profitable for 5 years.

Why dont you just post your account statements for the period you have been successful and all these questions will disappear. You'd be the first mentor to do that, surely that would be good for you.

Sorry my mistake, it says '5 years experience trading the markets with great success', which still gives me the impression you've been profitable for 5 years.

Why dont you just post your account statements for the period you have been successful and all these questions will disappear. You'd be the first mentor to do that, surely that would be good for you.

**** me you want everything, now you want actual proof that he is making money.

Actually I couldn't care less, I'm just saying if he did that he would have an edge over other vendors.

I agree, although statements can easily be faked. Pretty sure Patrick wouldn't do that but I just mean in general they can't be trusted. Maybe 'Investor Passwords' are the way forward....

A nice audusd trade taken his morning live for +30 pips

audusd.gif(y)