Patak's Trading Partners/Topstep Traders

Oh of course if you are capitalized to trade 100 lots in /ES or 10-25 in /CL then it's not for you. I'm planning on opening a new NT Brokerage account very soon to trade 10 lots in /CL. I'd love to be one of those /ES guys scalping 100-200 lots for couple points a day or an average year's salary every day.

Sure, who wouldn't? I am starting out so it works ok, but surely they must have trouble retaining traders in the long term. They don't add any funds. The profit share improves, but they can't give 100%.

The other limit which is meaningful, is that your max drawdown is 2000 USD. From that you can understand that you wont be trading a 150k USD acccount , no matter what. You wont be trading even a 30k USD account. You will be trading a leveraged 10k account probably, with a 2k usd total stoploss.!

One further point from me on this, which was touched on in this post is that with TST you do have margin to trade with. Whether it is a leveraged account or not, it still enables you to use the 2 lots you are allocated (30k or 50k account) - If you are trading, say, crude and you want to place 2 corresponding limit orders, you would not have the margin if you were trading a $2k account (equivalent to your max drawdown). You would need $4k just to get filled on these orders. So, although there is a $2k loss limit, depending on your strategy, you may benefit from the extra margin.

Sure, who wouldn't? I am starting out so it works ok, but surely they must have trouble retaining traders in the long term. They don't add any funds. The profit share improves, but they can't give 100%.

They have a funded trader scalping plan. WIth the $50k combine after you hit $10k in profits you can trade up to 10 lots. Also, at that point you can ask for more size and larger daily loss limits. Also, they will pay bonuses at their discretion.

They have a funded trader scalping plan. WIth the $50k combine after you hit $10k in profits you can trade up to 10 lots. Also, at that point you can ask for more size and larger daily loss limits. Also, they will pay bonuses at their discretion.

As far as I know it's a scam because after the combine you can't lose money or you go back to the combine, i.e. they never take any risk, if you lose money the first day out of the combine you have to go back to the combine as soon as your total profit is negative, you can't lose money the first day because you haven't built up a balance greater than $0 and if your balance falls below $0 you have to go back to the combine.

As far as I know it's a scam because after the combine you can't lose money or you go back to the combine, i.e. they never take any risk, if you lose money the first day out of the combine you have to go back to the combine as soon as your total profit is negative, you can't lose money the first day because you haven't built up a balance greater than $0 and if your balance falls below $0 you have to go back to the combine.

Thats not true, it used to be you have to be positive after 10 days and you had until then to win, if you lose money on day one thats fine. I don't like this rule because as soon as a trader goes negative then he has pressure to make it back which ruins his performance and I am happy tst got rid of it this year.

Thats not true, it used to be you have to be positive after 10 days and you had until then to win, if you lose money on day one thats fine. I don't like this rule because as soon as a trader goes negative then he has pressure to make it back which ruins his performance and I am happy tst got rid of it this year.

This rule is still there, quote from their website.

Maintain an Account Balance greater than $0 after a minimum of 10 trading days