PartyGaming..... tempted to touch??

Never underestimate the power of a downgrade - it will probably trade around the 30p mark for the rest of the year unless there is more bad news

Never mentioned PartyGaming specifically. I'm buying every stock in the sector, It's the sector I'm betting on not any one individual company.

Sure, they'l be winners and losers but I'm not clever enough to figure out which will be which before it happens :)

anley said:
Never mentioned PartyGaming specifically. I'm buying every stock in the sector, It's the sector I'm betting on not any one individual company.

Sure, they'l be winners and losers but I'm not clever enough to figure out which will be which before it happens :)
It's definitely an interesting sector longer term, with a huge amount of potential, it'll take more than the US hiccup to derail it I'd imagine, I'd agree, a basket of stocks creating a synthetic etf might be the safer way than trying to pick singles, as you say.

Last edited:
I would still be very careful at the minute, I predict a lot of consolidatory moves within that sector in the next few months. A lot of companies will get gobbled up.

I would still be very careful at the minute, I predict a lot of consolidatory moves within that sector in the next few months. A lot of companies will get gobbled up.

.....and that would be bad because....?

roguetrader said:
.....and that would be bad because....?

Bad for shorts, pretty good news for longs.

Nothing like some takeover fever or friendly acquisitions to get stocks off their lows.

Thinking about the sector, whichever way you play it SHORT term it's pretty risky, I can see the potential for stocks to move 10-20% in a hearbeat BOTH ways here.