Overweight financial sector to shed some excess weight?

Mr. Crabs

Established member
I often think of macro trends and recently I have came up with the idea that although the economy is growing in relation to jobs and production, the financial sector appears to have topped off, presumably because expansion of their services is not needed, especially at the rate it has grown for the past century.

This next market correction will likely be led by the financial sector as is nearly every correction and panic, this could be a good trend in the long - term though as the financial sector continues to consolidate the markets will become exceedingly efficient.

I expect we will see a market panic this year as profit takers lead the bears to overcome the bulls profits will dry up and investors will panic as another cataclysm is due to shock the markets, as it always does multiple times a year. The markets are in a state of high risk at this point, this would be the perfect time for an economic obstacle to be greatly exacerbated in the eyes of the general public.

All of this leads me to believe that although the future looks bleak for the next few years(despite the parading bulls at the moment) things could actually turn out much better in the very long term after the next correction restores the health and longevity of the American market which will be in an even better position to dominate international commerce.

So although the economy is resting near all time highs on very shaky footing, I am optimistic about the long term future.

And despite my fear mongering about the markets I have no intention of letting the opportune profits of a correcting market slip by.

Keep an eye on the VIX and the NUGT this year my friends. :clover:

Anyone care to agree or disagree?