Our 1 year research

anton_baranovskiy

Hi all,
Glad to introduce you with our team research. Hope it will be interesting for intraday traders at NYSE/NASDAQ:
- we analyzed 200 screens of stocks which showed us a point for open position;
- separated out common points;
- identified an average time in position, which help you to maximize your profit.
L - long, S - short.
So wait for any questions.

Attachments

• F1.png
    F1.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 186
  • Stat.png
    Stat.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 215
1: are the "L" and "S" points triggered by some sort of event to say the trade for the day is a Long or a Short?
(reason I ask is I am not sure whether for example, the trigger was for a short, but ended up being an L1 long pattern, etc)
OR are you saying that you are just showing how the day panned out, with no trade bias?

2: the conceptual patterns are difficult to relate to unless seen on a chart, to get a sense of the scaling.
(reason for asking this is that your L7 pattern closes "just above" the L7 entry, having spent a larger amount of move underwater, yet your spreadsheet seems to suggest it had the greatest move, of about 90 ticks. If the L7 to exit is 90, then the L7 to MAE (maximum adverse excursion) would appear to be about 300 ticks.)

looks good though.
good work.

Hi all,
Glad to introduce you with our team research. Hope it will be interesting for intraday traders at NYSE/NASDAQ:
- we analyzed 200 screens of stocks which showed us a point for open position;
- separated out common points;
- identified an average time in position, which help you to maximize your profit.
L - long, S - short.
So wait for any questions.

I notice that the lines; shorts are mirror inverse patterns of the longs yet the stats don't correlate to the common points or average times in position.

Looks like a lot of time and effort went into this piece of work and I was wondering how many years did it take to reach these conclusions so I can assess and value it accordingly.

I have a similar system called HHs and LLs but I think I need to evaluate and fine tune a little longer before bringing it to market.

Good luck in your endeavours. :)

1: are the "L" and "S" points triggered by some sort of event to say the trade for the day is a Long or a Short?
(reason I ask is I am not sure whether for example, the trigger was for a short, but ended up being an L1 long pattern, etc)
OR are you saying that you are just showing how the day panned out, with no trade bias?

2: the conceptual patterns are difficult to relate to unless seen on a chart, to get a sense of the scaling.
(reason for asking this is that your L7 pattern closes "just above" the L7 entry, having spent a larger amount of move underwater, yet your spreadsheet seems to suggest it had the greatest move, of about 90 ticks. If the L7 to exit is 90, then the L7 to MAE (maximum adverse excursion) would appear to be about 300 ticks.)

looks good though.
good work.

Thanks for questions. Say again that this is intraday formation.
1. Our enter point is based on consolidation after move at the open. We open position after 12 am, when stock make a move and we can see some picture. Also we try to open position near round price levels: 00, .50, .75 etc. For example, if stock moved up at open, and then go to consolidation, best point to open position will be in this consolidation with stop-order under it (L1).
2. About scaling, we need daily and 5-minutes charts. Daily chart shows us a common trend in stock and some levels, 5 min is necessary for enter in position, to put stop order and to plan exit. About average move: our research showed us 90 cents for example in L7 as a desired exit, which we can plan in such formation, but we always leave 15-25% of all position till the close of the market.

Last edited:
I notice that the lines; shorts are mirror inverse patterns of the longs yet the stats don't correlate to the common points or average times in position.

Looks like a lot of time and effort went into this piece of work and I was wondering how many years did it take to reach these conclusions so I can assess and value it accordingly.

I have a similar system called HHs and LLs but I think I need to evaluate and fine tune a little longer before bringing it to market.

Good luck in your endeavours. :)

Our research based on real trades and enter/exit in positions. 11 months we gathered screens - so it is good piece of work and will improve our trading I hope.