Options

MikeW

29 0
Options Info Request:)

1. Does anyone know any sites that have an Options demo-account to try out? - preferably with an options/spread calculator.

2. Do many people trade options for risk reduction/quantified loss situations? Is this entry route any less risky than using SB with sensible stops?

3. Anyone used the various options spread strategies coupled with money management/profit maximisation (Jones/The Trading Game book)?

Rgds to all.
Mike

stevespray

Experienced member
1,289 154
Afternoon Mike, I've been studying Options for the last 6 months now. In the last couple of months I've begun actually placing trades. So far so good - a few nice profits coupled with some very minor losses. All the trades have been through a spreadbet Co.
When you mention a SB in your message are you refuring to an Options SB or are you talking about a SB relating to the movement of the stock in the real cash market ?
The beauty with Options is that you can have a position in the market that makes money if the market doesnt move too much. Obviously a SB linked to the underlying market requires the stock to move in order to make or loss money.

Steve.

MikeW

29 0
Hi Steve,

Re SB in message I was trying to compare riskiness of using SB for shares albeit with stops as against defined limited risk (profits) of option spreads.

Which spreadbet co do you use? Capital Spreads I believe don't do them.

I didn't notice the other options thread before I started this, it looks to have interesting info - I've scanned quickly & I'll also read through it tonight properly.

Rgds.
Mike

stevespray

Experienced member
1,289 154
IG Index appear to offer some reasonably priced Options on a few indecies. Thats what I have been testing them on. City Index also offer them. It's alway worth comparing prices between companies on this sort of thing as prices can vary a surprising amount.

Steve.

MikeW

29 0
Cheers Steve,

I'll have a look.

Some great links/info from RogerM in the other options threads which I've now read through - although some I've going to have to reread! The link to the 21st century options course looks well worth doing -I'll start this weekend.

Good trading.
Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock