options elude me...

wildshoetwt

nothing I have tried seems to make sense...I need them boiled down into a clean, easy to understand, step-by-step-by-step format...

...and I thought I was smart...but seriously...options just don't click for me...

nothing I have tried seems to make sense...I need them boiled down into a clean, easy to understand, step-by-step-by-step format...

...and I thought I was smart...but seriously...options just don't click for me...
Right, you want someone to do this for you, rather than paying for a book?

Options aren't meant to be easy because they're complex. You'd be best advised to leave them alone and concentrate your efforts on just long/short/flat markets, it's far easier that way.

Right, you want someone to do this for you, rather than paying for a book?

Not at all, I have books, but the books do a terrible job of assuming things, i.e. they will start out at a beginner level but all of a sudden they are speaking as if they assume you have already read multiple books on Options. OR they try and teach you things completely out of order. Like teaching what the greeks are before introducing how to even read an options spread.

I'm looking for a really good resource, book, DVD, website, mentor. Whatever the form takes. Just something that can really nail this one down for me.

It's one of those abstract things, where you have a great general idea of what it is, but way too vague of an idea to be able to put it into practice and start messing around.

And btw I understand they are complex, that is why I want to grasp them.

If you have specific issues or topics let me know what you are stuck on and I can try to create a video tutorial for you.

Without an organized structure learning options can be very frustrating...no doubt about it

so do something else .........

N

They didn't click for me, either. It seems like money for old rope, doesn't it?

so do something else .........

N

maybe it's just too much work i don't know...

i'm working my way slowly through hull's derivatives,options,futures book

my problem is just that i dont know where to find options, like what is their ticker, etc if i could start paper trading them, i have no doubt i'd learn pretty quick how this **** works

The book you are reading is more of a reference/textbook. You might want to read something focused option pricing theory and then on option trading strategies and use the Hull book as a reference.

For US equity options you may find this website useful: Options Quotes | Real-Time & Delayed Quotes - CBOE

For US futures options you may find these websites useful:
CME Group - Futures & Options Trading for Risk Management
https://www.theice.com/homepage.jhtml

As mentioned earlier there are a number of brokerage houses that offer free quotes to demo and paper trade.

Good luck in figuring out how this **** works :)

It is frustrating learning options at first when your learning from books. A thing to do is read/watch multiple explanations of the same thing from different authors. One person will fill in details that the others leave out - building up the pieces.

elude about what? ?
if you have no idea what an Option is and can't grasp the concept - better look for stocks...fundamental analysis etc - if you don't understand SABR volatiity...than it's different picture.