Options Broker All key Markets (UK Based)

The Baptist

Established member
Hi,

I am looking for a recommendation of a good reputation Futures and (More specifically) Options broker.

Deecent platform and access most primary markets - Futures, Currencies, Equities/Indices.

Appreciate any advice with Links and comments on spread/commissions for costs as well.

Thank you.

Hi,

I am looking for a recommendation of a good reputation Futures and (More specifically) Options broker.

Deecent platform and access most primary markets - Futures, Currencies, Equities/Indices.

Appreciate any advice with Links and comments on spread/commissions for costs as well.

Thank you.

Hi
I use ODL for options index trading, comms are £15 in / £15 out no matter what the size of the trade, their platform is simple to navigate, one click execution once pre set, i have no grumbles whatsoever
Hope this helps

Be Well:D
steve

Thanks Steve, will I will give them a google, do they cover most markets mentioned?

Hi

They cover a huge variety of futures, stocks, level 2, index options and probably loads more, though i only trade the one instrument im sure you will find what your looking for.
They are not the cheapest so ive heard but for me thats not everything

steve

Hi

They cover a huge variety of futures, stocks, level 2, index options and probably loads more, though i only trade the one instrument im sure you will find what your looking for.
They are not the cheapest so ive heard but for me thats not everything

steve

Appreciated, will take a look at their site.

Are there other brokers than ODL? Currently an account at Interactive Brokers and very satisfied but looking for a substitute. Does ODL use risk-based margin when trading options?

Hi I am also looking for a new UK based options broker. i am currently with berkeley futures but they dont even offer a trading platform. i also mainly trade US options but they dont offer internet trading for them.
how about schwabe or fidelity? probably be pricey.

thanks. i did try IB but i found their site unlike anything i have ever seen ,too complex for me. i also want to keep my account in sterling or have a $ account aswell.

You can have your account denominated in sterling.

It takes a while to get used to, but their platform is v good. Their site is a bit painful also - it appears to have been updated without the help guide being updated, so you get instructions to amend something or add new subscriptions which are not valid, so you have to work it out yourself, or chat/call the help desk.

That is correct, Interactive Brokers is in the UK.

General telephone 020 7 776 7800.

I've got an IB account. I don't understand the margin requirements on index options. I wanted to sell a ftse call at strike 6100. It said I need to add another $4k capital to have enough margin.
However it would let me sell a more expensive ftse put option (strike=5600) at the same expiry which I actually did go on to sell. That doesn't seem to make sense.

Hi
I am still looking. there are few UK options brokers out there.
hence the need for this thread. perhaps we would be better doing spreadbetting.
my ETRADE account is being closed as they are now getting rid of UK customers. TD Ameritrade did the same apparently..some time ago.
I am trying optionsxpress for my us account but i still seek a UK broker.

thanks ivan. lots of people saying they are using IB. perhaps i need to give them another try.
will have to see if they do BACS transfers which are free.
do you trade options for a living?