OpenECry - Proactive Futures

ostadler

Hello all,

my name is Oliver and I'm from Germany. I'm searching for a Futures Broker with a decent trading platform. Afetr searching for a while I found Proactive Futures, which also got some good reports here on the forum. Then I found OpenECry, and it seems that Proactive Futures is (merely) an introducing broker of OpenECry. The trading platform has different names (Ez Trader - OEC Trader), but seems to be the very same.
Now my question is: Is there any advantage to use an introducing broker, could he deliver a better service or even better conditions than the broker behind (OEC)?
Or is it better to go directly to OEC? I am a bit confused, so any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Many thanks in advance,

Greetings from Germany,

Oliver

Hello all,

my name is Oliver and I'm from Germany. I'm searching for a Futures Broker with a decent trading platform. Afetr searching for a while I found Proactive Futures, which also got some good reports here on the forum. Then I found OpenECry, and it seems that Proactive Futures is (merely) an introducing broker of OpenECry. The trading platform has different names (Ez Trader - OEC Trader), but seems to be the very same.
Now my question is: Is there any advantage to use an introducing broker, could he deliver a better service or even better conditions than the broker behind (OEC)?
Or is it better to go directly to OEC? I am a bit confused, so any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Many thanks in advance,

Greetings from Germany,

Oliver

I think the idea is you get slightly better commissions and service with an introducing broker

I'm looking for a broker to trade Eurex and CME contracts. Has anyone got any comments about my contenders, Variance Futures and Proactive futures? Good reputations/any horror stories etc? Thanks for your help.

Proactive Futures has been suspended by the NFA for problems relating to capital compliance. Not good news for anyone who has an account with them. They also trade as IFINIX Futures.

NFA takes emergency enforcement action against IFINIX Futures Inc. - ForexStreet.net

The idea behind Introducing Brokers v.s. Futures Commission Merchants is that the IB basically takes the weight of managing the clients off of the FCM while the FCM clears the trades and charges a clearing fee. Whether you have a higher or lower commission rate with the IB depends on the IB-FCM relationship and will vary... Both will probably charge you as much as they possibly can if you aren't careful.

The benefit of the IB is that if you find a good one you'll probably get better/more personalized service, but there are a lot of bad ones out there so you're best off ignoring the IB/FCM difference and just finding the broker that fits you best regardless of their classification.