One point a day.

Seems like most who have commented have been trading for years and getting no where. There's no system that can do this...? I doubt that. Anything can be achieved. If this is me after years of trading "cant be done" "that's like asking for millions of dollars"....no **** it is.. ill kick my own ass. Several times.

^ You have to realize you're playing a game against other players, and they certainly do not want to part with their money. There is no mechanical approach to the market that will succeed over long periods of time, so no one here has any system to offer.

^ You have to realize you're playing a game against other players, and they certainly do not want to part with their money. There is no mechanical approach to the market that will succeed over long periods of time, so no one here has any system to offer.

Absolutely my thoughts which is why I started this thread

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...ur-rigid-trading-systems-behind-new-post.html

Biggest mistake I see are traders who keep searching for this holy grail of systems that will make them rich. Continual addaption and evolution based around the actual market conditions is what trading is about, and that can only be achieved by stacks of screen time, the right aptitude and ability and drive. There are no short cuts............

To be mildly serious, it seems to me that deliberately trying to make 1pt a day would have to involve deliberately cutting profits, which is more than slightly mad.

Seems like most who have commented have been trading for years and getting no where. There's no system that can do this...? I doubt that. Anything can be achieved. If this is me after years of trading "cant be done" "that's like asking for millions of dollars"....no **** it is.. ill kick my own ass. Several times.

Anything can be achieved? You'll kick your own ass...several times...it seems like only yesterday you were desperate and on the edge of despair..."I have been struggeling [sic] with this for a long time now an [sic] seems like I am not getting anywhere."

Seems to me you are describing yourself.

What you're asking for 'exists' but is so fundamentally flawed its just plain retarded. I will say now, im still learning myself, but even to me it is clear why this strategy wont work!

In trading you want to have a risk:reward ratio that, at its worst is 1:1. This would mean that if u wanted a 1 pip profit, you could only risk 1 pip! That means that if you entered the trade and it went against you even remotely, bam! you are out. Also, if this does happen then what? Do you trade again or stop for the day with a loss? What if this keeps happening? Do you double up and try to break even? If so you risk losing several weeks worth of profits in one day on a few bad trades!

Then there is the fact that if it did go well and you made your 1 pip...why would you exit? You have put in all that work and can just as easily make 10 pips in the same amount of time. In fact it is more likely as you can use a more lenient stop loss And even change your risk:reward to 1:2, risking 5 pips to make 10.

To trade for just 1 pip and be successful you would need a system that has a very very high success rate at calling good trades. Probably something like 80-90% to cover commissions and losing days. Good luck with that...

Fair do's to the man and his original post he did state he wanted a system to make 1 pip per day therefore it could be a system that has whatever risk to reward ratio, 1, 10, 100 trades per day etc with the overall profit per day of 1 pip therefore your comments not quite correct sorry........

Last edited:
Fair do's to the man he did state he wanted a system to make 1 pip per day therefore it could be a system that has whatever risk to reward ratio etc with the overall profit per day of 1 pip therefore your comments not quite correct sorry........

:rolleyes:

He asked for a system that made 1 pip profit per day on 1 contract. If he wanted a system with a negative R:R ratio then he likely wont make money. If you know of one though which will prove me wrong, please do not hesitate to show me so I can redact my statement.

Unless you of course mean he could leave the trade open with no SL and have a limit of 1 pip, but then he is likely to go bust.

:rolleyes:

He asked for a system that made 1 pip profit per day on 1 contract. If he wanted a system with a negative R:R ratio then he likely wont make money. If you know of one though which will prove me wrong, please do not hesitate to show me so I can redact my statement.

Unless you of course mean he could leave the trade open with no SL and have a limit of 1 pip, but then he is likely to go bust.

I'm just going to chime in quickly. The thread starter stated that he wanted to make 1 point profit per day on the ES (S&P 500 Emini contract). 1 point on the ES = 4 ticks, not 1.

Also, although unlikely to have a system that will work every day, there are high probability (80-90% win rate) methods where you can make 4 ticks (1 point) on the ES with less frequency and can have a worse risk reward than 1:1 and still be profitable.

Okay, guess you could read into his original post in different ways as was pretty vague, as well as well.......

I'm just going to chime in quickly. The thread starter stated that he wanted to make 1 point profit per day on the ES (S&P 500 Emini contract). 1 point on the ES = 4 ticks, not 1.

Also, although unlikely to have a system that will work every day, there are high probability (80-90% win rate) methods where you can make 4 ticks (1 point) on the ES with less frequency and can have a worse risk reward than 1:1 and still be profitable.

Fair play, then why not help the man out and post up this method?

I was trying to convey that a system to make 1 point per day is not likely to 'exist' in a sense as if you had one, you could more than likely push it to make more than 1 point, thus it would not meet his exact requirements.

Anyway i'll shut up now :eek:

Fair play, then why not help the man out and post up this method?

I was trying to convey that a system to make 1 point per day is not likely to 'exist' in a sense as if you had one, you could more than likely push it to make more than 1 point, thus it would not meet his exact requirements.

Anyway i'll shut up now :eek:

Already have, the back test and beginning of the forward test which I'm still doing offline is in the journal section. No one read it. I could also answer with the same answer as Shakone gave in post #2

Already have, the back test and beginning of the forward test which I'm still doing offline is in the journal section. No one read it. I could also answer with the same answer as Shakone gave in post #2

Touché, statement redacted. This is not exactly what the OP wanted but is close and looks systematic and good from what i read briefly. I will leave it up to the OP to decide whether he wants to consider widening his profit limit to more than 1 point.

Hey everyone,

Does any trader know of a successful trading strategy or software able to profit 1 point per day on 1 contract day trading the S & P E-mini?!

I have been struggeling with this for a long time now an seems like I am not getting anywhere.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Drop the system approach and learn to trade.

A basic strategy using support/resistance off a 30 or 60m chart, reading price action and volume at price off a 3m chart and DOM/T&S to confirm which direction to trade will work.

Just practise. Eventually it may come. Don't expect anything to consolidate for about 1 year if you are part time or 3-6 months full time.

Good luck.