omnitrader 2005 dvds

I am thinking about purchasing OmniTrader 2006 along with OmniData and OmniScans,these being direct from the US.To cut to the chase-am I wasting my money or would I be better off going on Sandy J or John Bartletts Courses?Any corresspondence would be greatly appreciated.

[if u are a new to trading and want to cash in on the markets forget it. nearly all new traders lose money in the first yr and bomb out or break around even, as they think they are going to make masses and risk too much capital. i assume u are interested in omnitrader as is says it gives u trading signals, but u still need to know if they are valid, so u cant take it's word for it. if someone could develop a system that always made money then they wouldnt sell it.

omnitrader is good for bringing stocks to your attention, and omniscan in the new 2006, will allow u to search now for fundamental data and other market conditions, but u still need to know what you are after, and its the only package i know that offers US fundamental data. i assume u are thinking of taking on US markets, as omindata and omniscan cover this. u can get US data on sharescope in edtions plus and pro, but not fundamental.

as courses go, i wouldnt waste my money, as i've attended them thinking i was going to get a system and indicators that make fail safe money, and i now realise that there is no holy grail. there are great books out there which will tell u all u need to know and get u started, and most speakers and books will say the formala to success is mental not what system u use which make the difference ie: as long as u can cut your losses fast, then, when a trade does work it will cover your little losses, its hard to admit u are wrong and sell a loss, noone wants to be wrong

try reading, 'High Probability Trading' by Marcel LINK ISBN:0071381562
and 'Secrets for Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets' by Stan WEINSTEIN ISBN:1556236832

they will cover the above and explain the technical very well

if u find these books boring or hard to read then trading is not for u as it will become a chore.

also i recommend trading on dumby spreadtrading accounts to get practise. also start trading with really small amounts. u want to be in this longterm and not burn out in the first few months when a few trades burn your ****.

also most of the top fund managers dont make more then 20-30% return a year, so if u can match that u are doing well. most managed funds should return between 10-15% a yr maybe more, so if u are not beating that, then maybe this is a good place to put your money, and u dont have to worry about it. and u can always trade funds like shares if u like, buy when they are increasing and sell them when they've toppped.

QUOTE=CAT1]I am thinking about purchasing OmniTrader 2006 along with OmniData and OmniScans,these being direct from the US.To cut to the chase-am I wasting my money or would I be better off going on Sandy J or John Bartletts Courses?Any corresspondence would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Longhai.To be honest I have been watching the markets for the past few years and opened an account with Tradindex(good easy web site)I have paper traded for many months and seem to have done well, with not many losses (FTSE/DOW).However I thought I needed to fine tune my "craft",hence the interest in Omnitrader2006.
I have also been interested in attending various seminars by the likes of Sandy Jadeja,CFTR and John Barlett.The seminar run by SJ sounds interesting as this deals with Fib ratios etc,and having read a few books on the subject know that it works!!
We all read a lot of garbage on these pages about trading,some with good intentions,some just to slag people off(Vince Stanzione),but the crux of the matter is we all need to tread carefully because there is a lot of money to be made and a lot to be lost,threfore I am willing to go back to "school" and learn the art of trading.
I think I may just pop the money in my spread betting account and take a look at those books you mentioned.Many Thanks

try looking at finspreads, they have a good platform, u can penny trade for 8 weeks, and there's a minimum trade after that is 50p. good for learning, as even though u arent putting heaps on the line, u trade more realistically as its your money.

after 6 months trading, i'm not making masses of money yet, i'm around even. but i'm learning heaps by just being in it, and i've even been able to do all the things the books say not to do, just to make sure. so i feel i'm getting closer.

i'll always have an eye out for that secret holy grail, but won't pay a fortune for it as theres too many people out there ready to capitalise on peoples greed and stary eyes with fail safe methods and courses.

if theres a course u may be interested in, try ebay. courses pop up there for a fraction of the price.

good luck in your trading, i hope u win the game.

p.s my mate always tells me the way to make money is to sell a course/book on how to make money

Last edited: