Oanda

terriegym

does anyone use Oanda live account. am trying the MT4 practice account, and its just come up as 'Hedge prohibited' when trying to open a position. is it the same on the live account??

Yes the MT4 will follow the same rules as Oanda and act the same in a live account. for example, if you are trying to buy USD/EUR and simultaneously sell the pair you will have to open a sub account. I hope it helps

Yes the MT4 will follow the same rules as Oanda and act the same in a live account. for example, if you are trying to buy USD/EUR and simultaneously sell the pair you will have to open a sub account. I hope it helps

Thanks, ended up going back to ETX live now they do MT4. tried intertrader on demo but their customer service is s***!! :LOL:

does anyone use Oanda live account. am trying the MT4 practice account, and its just come up as 'Hedge prohibited' when trying to open a position. is it the same on the live account??

Hi terriegym

I see your location shown on your icon is UK so I presume you have got the demo from the uk website. They do hedgeing on both demo and live accounts. I have just downloaded a demo from them to check and yes it says hedgeing enabled. Maybe you just needed to contact them to ask for hedgeing to be activated. Here is a copy of what I was sent by email when I requested a demo account.
Login: 7604xxx
PW: xxxxxxx
Leverage: 100:1
Hedging: Enabled

I know the senior team over there so will put a call into them on Monday and let you know just in case you wanted to use Oanda but have gone somewhere else just due to the hedgeing issue.

Hi Terriegym
Spoke to the director today as promised. Situation is this, there were no hedgeing accounts with oanda but now you can request a demo with hedgeing enabled. As regards live accounts they are in an advanced stage of testing the hedgeing option on live accounts and will be able to offer this soon.Hope this helps.

Fxcm uk if you want hedging. And you're happy with their management of the recent swiss move.

Spreads ( plus comms ) are better than oanda,

oanda is best overall customer service and reliability . Unlike FXCM you actually know who's running things and they will be highly educated and experienced people to respond to you and your needs

The problem with Oanda, is their fat spreads. Typically DOUBLE fxcm, including fxcm comms.

Charts are better too at fxcm.

If you make 10 plus trades a day, it'll cost you an extra 50-70 ticks a week going through Oanda. 240 a month , nearly 3,0000 pips per year !!!

Oanda USED to offer and promote tight spreads, but , they are typically DOUBLE FXCM.

So, I hope you're getting Blow Jobs with your customer service. I mean, you're paying for it !!

Hey, I wish their spreads were half what they are, but, they aint !

At FXCM the inconsistency of their internal information is crazy For example, their webpages and trading platforms are thoroughly confused about what a “lot” is, or whether they are quoting metrics per lot, mini-lot or micro-lot, good luck finding out how they apply their margin rules. FXCM's explanation and understanding of their own margin requirements is cloudier than Oanda's, and I have found Oanda's service support is way better. I also know that I can make a sizeable win with Oanda and still see it transferred to my bank account in a couple of days no problum. That trust and service counts for a lot it saves me time and that is worth the most

There have been a couple more (minor) legal proceedings against FXCM, see page 39 of their 2012 statutory filings available here: http://yahoo.brand.edgar-online.com...061-207632&type=sect&dcn=0001144204-13-015532
For these reasons I mistrust FXCM.

The problem with Oanda, is their fat spreads. Typically DOUBLE fxcm, including fxcm comms.

If you make 10 plus trades a day, it'll cost you an extra 50-70 ticks a week going through Oanda. 240 a month , nearly 3,0000 pips per year !!!

Oanda USED to offer and promote tight spreads, but , they are typically DOUBLE FXCM.

So, I hope you're getting Blow Jobs with your customer service. I mean, you're paying for it !!

????
Spreads :
Oanda= 1.2 pip
FXCM= 2.5

Currency pairs:
Oanda =73
FXCM = 58

Oanda's platform is the best I've seen, the accounting system is super easy to understand. most of all no brokers means a very low pip spread.
Almost instant executions, approx 1/4 second. They even allow scalping, in and out fast

Blow jobs really? Well I cant get that, I don't have a d!ck!
Im confused Oanda has No commission on retail forex trading accounts, No minimum deposits, No account maintenance fees or hidden costs such as 'inactivity fees'
As I said....
OANDA VS FXCM
SPREADS:
OANDA=1.2 ...$60 total cost
FXCM=2.5 $125 total cost
just FYI soooo who is sucking who?

With the lot size, Oanda is completly free, you could use $50 bucks and its free.You can hedge with sub accounts plus your primary one, and yoou can have 9 subs. Oanda has a one cancels the other (OCO) which allows me to scale in/out of trades. Plus You can trade right from the chart, move your TP and SL lines; place market or limit orders and modify them at the chart, its so nice.

Hi Terriegym
Spoke to the director today as promised. Situation is this, there were no hedgeing accounts with oanda but now you can request a demo with hedgeing enabled. As regards live accounts they are in an advanced stage of testing the hedgeing option on live accounts and will be able to offer this soon.Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. :D

yes..use to be 0.8

????
Spreads :
Oanda= 1.2 pip
FXCM= 2.5

Currency pairs:
Oanda =73
FXCM = 58

Oanda's platform is the best I've seen, the accounting system is super easy to understand. most of all no brokers means a very low pip spread.
Almost instant executions, approx 1/4 second. They even allow scalping, in and out fast

1.4 now just after Frankfurt opening.
Over 1 pip scalping not that great in my view.

Im confused Oanda has No commission on retail forex trading accounts, No minimum deposits, No account maintenance fees or hidden costs such as 'inactivity fees'
As I said....
OANDA VS FXCM
SPREADS:
FXCM=2.5 $125 total cost

With the lot size, Oanda is completly free, you could use $50 bucks and its free.You can hedge with sub accounts plus your primary one, and yoou can have 9 subs. Oanda has a one cancels the other (OCO) which allows me to scale in/out of trades. Plus You can trade right from the chart, move your TP and SL lines; place market or limit orders and modify them at the chart, its so nice.

Lol, we should have more girls here....

I scalp and I moved to a new broker lately, spread (now about 3 pipette) + commission A$ 5.5 per lot.

Just sharing, hope it helps......

Last edited:
Do my spreads look big in this....?

As I said....
OANDA VS FXCM
SPREADS:
FXCM=2.5 $125 total cost

Pardon, me Madam. I meant no offence.... :D

Now, these are spreads this am. London session between Oanda & FXCM

Oanda

2gvufeo.jpg

FXCM

2a5cbhl.jpg

Even when you add on FXCM comms. They still beat Oanda !!!

Oanda used to be cool. But, their dynamics of spread charges have changed from what they used to boast about etc. So ,I rest my case, oanda spreads are considerably fatter than fxcm, as the images above show.

FXCM also do on chart trading and have over 600 custom indicators and a helpful coding forum too. http://www.fxcodebase.com/code/viewforum.php?f=17

Good day , madam !

( pssssst, if you ask me too, psychologically, you can manage positions better too, with the comms. stripped out from the spread )

:)

Lol, we should have more girls here....

I scalp and I moved to a new broker lately, spread (now about 3 pipette) + commission A$ 5.5 per lot.

Just sharing, hope it helps......
Thanks
Sadly most girls make Sh!tty traders, usually too emotional for the logical world of finance. However, Forex is not logical lol

Pardon, me Madam. I meant no offence.... :D

Now, these are spreads this am. London session between Oanda & FXCM

Oanda

2gvufeo.jpg

FXCM

2a5cbhl.jpg

Even when you add on FXCM comms. They still beat Oanda !!!

Oanda used to be cool. But, their dynamics of spread charges have changed from what they used to boast about etc. So ,I rest my case, oanda spreads are considerably fatter than fxcm, as the images above show.

FXCM also do on chart trading and have over 600 custom indicators and a helpful coding forum too. http://www.fxcodebase.com/code/viewforum.php?f=17

Good day , madam !

( pssssst, if you ask me too, psychologically, you can manage positions better too, with the comms. stripped out from the spread )

:)

Lol no offense just stating the facts, i too would be a fan of head provided by platforms lol