Oanda want my personal tax number

Nowler

Experienced member
Oanda have just given me 4 days to update my account information or else I am not allowed to fund or trade further with them...

My Personal Public Service Number ( PPS number/Tax number ) is MY personal service number!
Why would these clowns be wanting that?

I mean... they have everything they need... my passport details, my address, my bank details...why would they want my PPS number?

Has your broker asked you for yours?

"You will also be required to provide new information in line with MiFID II requirements which come into force on 3 January 2018."

Last edited:
I have opened two new accounts in the last 12 months with Interactive Brokers and GKFX. They have both asked for my National Insurance number.

regulatory requirement- without it you wont be able to trade. Jan2018 is deadline i hear

... hmmm...I hate handing out my info...
I don't understand why my PPS number is required though... they have more than enough info to know who I am.

This is BS

... hmmm...I hate handing out my info...
I don't understand why my PPS number is required though... they have more than enough info to know who I am.

This is BS

How about buying some cryptos...good for anonymity I hear.

Oanda seems to be more aggressive than other brokers in preparing for the incoming regulations.

Oanda has advised a friend of mine that they will no longer accept his automated orders coming via API from MultiCharts (a 3rd party platform). This will take effect in the next couple of days.

Oanda seems to be more aggressive than other brokers in preparing for the incoming regulations.

Oanda has advised a friend of mine that they will no longer accept his automated orders coming via API from MultiCharts (a 3rd party platform). This will take effect in the next couple of days.

This is actually a good thing then I guess.
I got a bit saucy when my Credit Union asked me for it too... but still gave it to them :LOL:

It's comforting to hear that they take regulations seriously.
Helps protect all parties involved.

..."You will also be required to provide new information in line with MiFID II requirements which come into force on 3 January 2018."

when they asked Enlightened Joe for his NI number, he had delusions that the "shop" was investigating him, because his advanced tarding techniques were causing concern :LOL:

when they asked Enlightened Joe for his NI number, he had delusions that the "shop" was investigating him, because his advanced tarding techniques were causing concern :LOL:

Is this true, or are you kidding :D

he did imply they could be investigating him yeah, whether he was joking or not im not sure, i cant remember which thread it was in though

For his sake I am just going to assume he was joking :)