Oanda is down

Hittfeld

Although I normally recommend OandA for forex, I must admit that they are DOWN.

Tel, if required: 212-858-7690 (from elitetrader)

Hittfeld

hi;
is oanda good in real trading as its in demo; I want to know because I want to open a real account with them; any feed back is highly appreciated
regards
majed

Hi majed - I only have a Demo account with them. I like the platform though they don't guarantee fills and stops. I don't know if there data is 'smoothed' for Demo. What I mean by that is some brokers / SBs like CMC have fewer price moves in the Demo so it looks easier than the real thing. Might be worth asking Oanda. Also, I don't think Oanda do a GBP account.

Jdax said:
Hi majed - I only have a Demo account with them. I like the platform though they don't guarantee fills and stops. I don't know if there data is 'smoothed' for Demo. What I mean by that is some brokers / SBs like CMC have fewer price moves in the Demo so it looks easier than the real thing. Might be worth asking Oanda. Also, I don't think Oanda do a GBP account.

As you might keep your OandA demo account parallel to your real account, its easy to find out if demo data are fiddled with: No, they are just identical and any action is identical.

You might keep GBP as your account currency. My wife uses € as her account currency. You can then deal in $$s or £££s.

I guess they are the best forex brokers out there, 1.8 pips spread €/$, but at a price: Their service is even worse than IB, because there ain`t any aside from the computer and the above tel.no.

Still happy with them, that why I was still more surprised about the 10 min server interruption.

Hittfeld