The Oak island mystery

Given up already ? :LOL:

I've got too old now but 50 years ago ! The Chateau one wasn't the only one. I look on the TV at those guys really working hard in Alaska/Yukon for gold. They are really throwing big money costing machines at it too.

I've got too old now but 50 years ago ! The Chateau one wasn't the only one. I look on the TV at those guys really working hard in Alaska/Yukon for gold. They are really throwing big money costing machines at it too.

Yeah iv'e seen some of those programs. Extreme environments usually. I spose all the easy pickings are long gone.

I spent a few months at a little place called Lightning Ridge in New South Wales, Australia in the 1960s. Lots of holes ( mines ) dug in the 1920s by people looking for opals. With 2 friends I dug out one of the old mines 50 feet down a metal ladder. Hard work but we did find some black pretty opal and had it cut, polished and sold it on site. I saw on TV the other day they have put a tarmac road in. It used to be a dirt road for the last 50 miles. One pub, one shop 1 telephone and 1 tap. Changed a bit since then.