O D T 's new signature

"Price moves when it is not possible to conduct a trade at the current price."

SENTIMENT !!!,......thankyou,...: )

wtf people? is this not all semantics? if drivers of price movement were simple enough to be summed up in a sentence or two i'd have replaced the diamond watch that a moroccan wh0re stole from me in Toulouse by now.

Last edited:

All those who agree with or said the above statement have never traded futures. If the price is locked limit up or down then it is not possible to conduct a trade at the current price, but locked limit price won't move by regulation. I've seen soybeans limit down for a whole week with traders unable to exit their long positions.

Yes, this is all semantics but these types of statements are never 100% accurate.

Peter

Oi - let's have less of the anti-semanticism!

lol-nazi-nazi-lol-swastika-german-hitler-lol-love-hate-demotivational-poster-1265224972.jpg

All those who agree with or said the above statement have never traded futures. If the price is locked limit up or down then it is not possible to conduct a trade at the current price, but locked limit price won't move by regulation. I've seen soybeans limit down for a whole week with traders unable to exit their long positions.

Yes, this is all semantics but these types of statements are never 100% accurate.

Peter

Fair enough :), but what causes price to move when there is no limit?

Fair enough :), but what causes price to move when there is no limit?

Perceived future value. Investors buy or sell based on what they think the value of something will be in the future. The future could be 2 minutes away, or 10 years.
Supply and demand used to be the old addage, but for certain commodities (gold,oil) in today's event-driven trading what mainly drives price is the perception of what future supply or value will be.

ok, enough of my 2 cents on this! I'm giving myslef a headache.
I thought we were supposed to be discussing the pros and cons of ODT's new sig line?? I can't think of any either way. :LOL:

Peter