Nymex full contract

trader_dante

Veteren member
Does anyone know where you can trade Nymexc Crude Oil - the full contract rather than the E-Mini?
Preferably a SB company but I'm open to any suggestions.
I know Finspreads changed to the E-Mini.
E-Trade followed suit and I believe Tradindex did too.
Any information would be greatly appreciated on where I can trade this.

you can trade the nymex WTI electronically on ICE/IPE now - they launched the clone contract a couple of months ago and it already has >50% of nymex floor volume.

Also, Nymex are putting their fullsize contracts on the CME for electronic trading in the summer

trader_dante said:
Does anyone know where you can trade Nymexc Crude Oil - the full contract rather than the E-Mini?
Preferably a SB company but I'm open to any suggestions.
I know Finspreads changed to the E-Mini.
E-Trade followed suit and I believe Tradindex did too.
Any information would be greatly appreciated on where I can trade this.

Erm... if you just want to spreadbet it then what would be the difference between them quoting the mini or the maxi contract? They've got to follow each other, surely you can decide how much you want per point in either one? Is it the trading hours?
Have I missed something here?

The difference is in the volatility which is crucial to the method I use to trade it.

minx said:
Erm... if you just want to spreadbet it then what would be the difference between them quoting the mini or the maxi contract? They've got to follow each other, surely you can decide how much you want per point in either one? Is it the trading hours?
Have I missed something here?