Nuisance phone calls

clylbw

I used to be a customer of OneTel, a phone traffic services provider, but I terminated my contract in February this year. However, for this past several weeks the company has got into the habit of calling me every 2 to 3 days, trying to sell me its products. Its phone calls are particularly annoying as they come during the market hours and interrupt my trading.

I wonder if there is any way to stop them from calling again. I have signed up the telephone registry, but presumably the company is not regulated by it as I did business with the company in the past? But the calls have become such a nuisance; I DO wish to stop them. What can I do? Many thanks.

Talk to your telephone provider and see what they can suggest, I have heard rumour of the ability to stop incoming calls if the caller does not provide their number, if you do a 1471 on all these nussance calls you will find that they all withold their number, if this service exists then that would put a stop tto it.

If you are currently with BT they have a facility to stop calls from specific numbers in addition to the more global 'cold' calling facility.

She's already signed up to that Trendie...but , unfortunately that scheme only applies to companies 'cold' calling..if you have done business with a company or otherwise given them authority to contact you then that scheme does not cover that eventuality as is the case she outlines.

Having taught Attila The Hun all he knew about PR I take this "You are all too civilised" as a great insult ;)

commanderco said:
You are all too civilised.

Buy a whistle!!!

ROFL funny I had thought of that, having seen it on TV a very long time ago but was sceptical as to the exact result.

roguetrader said:
ROFL funny I had thought of that, having seen it on TV a very long time ago but was sceptical as to the exact result.

Sceptical!!!!

When you buy the whistle give it to a friend along with instructions on it´s proper use, and then call him on the phone.

I have this strong feeling the experience will make your scepticism go away.
If necessary repeat the exercise 3 times a day after meals.

chump said:
Having taught Attila The Hun all he knew about PR I take this "You are all too civilised" as a great insult ;)

Sorry about the insult
I did not know that Atilla had a whistle

Many thanks; I am going to call BT and see what can be done.

It gets worse. After calling yesterday, they called again today, without wasting anymore time as they previously did. Both the time and the number were the same as yesterday's call, so I knew it was them and did not pick up. Guess what? The phone rang for a very long time before the person at the other end finally gave up.

Well, they must be pretty desperate for new business. Cannot say I am surprised given what I have gone through... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

clylbw said:
Many thanks; I am going to call BT and see what can be done.

It gets worse. After calling yesterday, they called again today, without wasting anymore time as they previously did. Both the time and the number were the same as yesterday's call, so I knew it was them and did not pick up. Guess what? The phone rang for a very long time before the person at the other end finally gave up.

Well, they must be pretty desperate for new business. Cannot say I am surprised given what I have gone through... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
My Spouse's favorite technique is to listen a moment, then say uh huh? can you tell me all about that? Then lay the phone down and forget about it., and hum a little tune as you go on to the next thing......
:devilish: so twisted...
JO

JumpOff said:
My Spouse's favorite technique is to listen a moment, then say uh huh? can you tell me all about that? Then lay the phone down and forget about it., and hum a little tune as you go on to the next thing......
:devilish: so twisted...
JO

:LOL: :LOL: