Novice trader blog .

Definitely keep expanding your trading experience. It sounds like a great idea to start learning the markets young, I wish I did.

Although, Isn't 20k to 1m in a year about a 5000% increase?

To compare that, Berkshire Hathaway had what, 1.3-ish% returns Apr 2012-2013?
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:BRK.A

Last edited:
Hi 511,
Welcome to T2W.

Your goal is achievable utilising high risk strategies trading a demo account. However, in the event that you achieve it, don't kid yourself that you can replicate your success trading real money. It ain't gonna happen and, if you try, you'll almost certainly blow up and lose all your money. Treat it as a game and have fun with it, but realise that's all it is. If you want to take trading seriously, my advice would be to paper trade a second account in the same way that you would do if it was a live account funded with real money. That way, when you turn 18, you'll be able to hit the ground running.
Enjoy!
Tim.

Hi 511,
Welcome to T2W.

Your goal is achievable utilising high risk strategies trading a demo account. However, in the event that you achieve it, don't kid yourself that you can replicate your success trading real money. It ain't gonna happen and, if you try, you'll almost certainly blow up and lose all your money. Treat it as a game and have fun with it, but realise that's all it is. If you want to take trading seriously, my advice would be to paper trade a second account in the same way that you would do if it was a live account funded with real money. That way, when you turn 18, you'll be able to hit the ground running.
Enjoy!
Tim.

Hi I am trying to treat it like real money with safe trades. But I know to achieve my aim it will be high risk.

Out of personal experience, I can tell you anything high-risk blows up in the long run. If you're going to do this, I would suggest bailing at the first sign of trouble. Get out while on top of your game...

I think for the simple reason that you are using a demo account there are too many 'ifs' and 'buts'. With fake money more risks are generally taken knowing the fact it isnt your money. But nonetheless its definitely the right place to start. Id just be trying to stay out of the red (-%) as a goal, also trading in small amounts.