Novice needs some guidance

dandr

We have recently been talking with a rep from Go Gecko about using their software to get started in stock trading. After reading some threads in this Site we're beginning to see that we are really in no position to judge the value of this software or the chances of our own success in this kind of venture. If anyone can giive us a suggestion of where a novice should start it would be much appreciated.
We have also taken a look at reviews of MTPredictor on this site. Would it be advisable to start in the market by utilizing one of these softwares or are there other steps we should take first?
D and R

What software to use if you are just starting

dandr said:
We have recently been talking with a rep from Go Gecko about using their software to get started in stock trading. After reading some threads in this Site we're beginning to see that we are really in no position to judge the value of this software or the chances of our own success in this kind of venture. If anyone can giive us a suggestion of where a novice should start it would be much appreciated.
We have also taken a look at reviews of MTPredictor on this site. Would it be advisable to start in the market by utilizing one of these softwares or are there other steps we should take first?
D and R
Go gecko is not the software you should be looking at if you are just beginning this "long and winding road". As I've said in previous posts, their advertising is extremely misleading. They provide a vast array of technical indicators if you know how to use them and you are forced to use their data source because it is a strange form of excel type data which you cannot use with any other software. The software does not provide clear buy and sell signals but rather throws dozens and sometimes hundreds of "possibles" at you for you to choose from. Their customer support is somewhat tentative in that the people called "chartists" range from quite knowledgeable to clearly incompetent. GG taught me a lot of things like how to use technical indicators etc but it was not helpful in learning how to trade.
Now, what would I do if I were. starting over? I probably would put my money into something like MTPredictor which I now use daily. They work with a number of data suppliers and do a lot of hand-holding for beginners. Their courses are very straightforward and their customer support is excellent. For beginners, if you just select their recommended classic ABC patterns and religiously apply your stop losses you will be on the plus side of the ledger fairly soon. I have more than paid for the cost of the software and just recently have again earned what the software cost me. The great thing about MTP is that they also lead you by the hand into more advanced techniques which allow you to select more possibilities that just the classic ABC patterns. The learning curve is fairly steep but fairly easily followed
Finally, now that I'm comfortable (and making money) using MTP, I just recently purchased Tradeguider because I have always been fascinated with the role that the market makers and so-called "smart money" have in the market. At the moment I am using it to support the choices I develop through MTP and am again on a fairly steep learning curve. Eventually I will probably use it as a stand alone product.
Note: I have no connection whatsoever with either MTPredictor or Tradeguider except as a client.
Good luck and good trading.