northern ireland trading floors; work experience?

Chartsy

Experienced member
i am in lower 6th and would like work experience in any kind of trading environment. so far all i've been offered is a half day at RBS and that's not even set in stone.i've googled to death and i've rang blackcube trading (in belfast) but they already full with graduates.

are there any trading floors i've missed?
ANYTHING here would be hlepful, any prop traders, investment bankers out there who could give me a PM would be much appreciated.
i am young, enthusiastic and would be easy to please; you could sit me down all day in front of a simulator maybe and i absolutely love that and wouldn't bother many people.

Hey Chartsy,

Happy new year ! I hope 2011 brings you a lot of joy.

I see that you are from Belfast, so I wanted to bring to your attention details of a new company which has been launched, called NI TRADING ACADEMY. The prime objective of the company is to assist traders succeed in becoming consistently profitable, encouraging traders to continually enhance their skill-set. The company offers a range of courses, classes and membership packages which aim to enhance the individuals trading experience.

The team here trade the futures markets (Indices, Currencies and Commodities). As well as being actively involved with trainees, our mentors/traders are also actively involved trading the live financial markets themselves on the award winning platform - SpreadsNI.

We have also created a CHAT-ROOM feature at the academy where ourselves, traders and trainees interact and communicate with one another on a day to day basis. Each individual, either a trainee or a trader can come on board to chat amongst each other and the academy mentors between the hours of 8am and 9pm Monday - Friday.

If you have any questions relating to the course or membership packages at NI Trading Academy, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Best of luck Chartsy.

Hello,

The 2 month IN-House programme costs £3000+ VAT per month. The in-house training programme takes you through the same materials and practical experience as the remote programme, however it provides the trainee with an opportunity to gain trading floor experience and the opportunity to watch professional traders at work, providing structure and one-to-one support on a daily basis.

There are remote packages available also pboyles.

WOW. major money.!!

I would be looking for an iron clad guaranty as to productivity if I was going to be spending that type of coin......

This is a very high priced outfit......

Maybe they pick you up in a limousine and treat you to lunch at some exclusive resort each day.

Certainly two months will teach you about a billionth of what you need to know to succeed in trading

WOW. major money.!!

I would be looking for an iron clad guaranty as to productivity if I was going to be spending that type of coin......

This is a very high priced outfit......

Maybe they pick you up in a limousine and treat you to lunch at some exclusive resort each day.

Certainly two months will teach you about a billionth of what you need to know to succeed in trading

Thats about normal from what I've seen, even remote programs costs 3 or 4 grand. You wont be getting a free lunch either, you'll be at the chippy every day. Maybe NI traders can do what nobody else does and prove that their trainers are successful traders, or indeed that any of their in house traders who have been trained by the company are profitable. Probably not.

Without having specifics. I would seriously doubt that the trainers have any great success in trading....

Maybe there is a coupon for the nice lunches after graduation. there has to be a limousine in this deal somewhere....

Hey Blaiser/Pboyles,

The mentors at the academy make a successful living from trading the live financial markets.

The price for the inhouse course is £3000 and on reflection of the course material covered & the experience gained, this option offers excellent value for money. Individuals who have undergone the in-house training are now trading live themselves. There are several reviews and testimonials to account for this.

The remote packages are the most popular options for trainee traders, as all that is needed is a PC/laptop & an internet connection - the academy provides the user with all the other necessary software, reading materials, course content in order to trade on a day to day basis.

Hey Blaiser/Pboyles,

The mentors at the academy make a successful living from trading the live financial markets.

The price for the inhouse course is £3000 and on reflection of the course material covered & the experience gained, this option offers excellent value for money. Individuals who have undergone the in-house training are now trading live themselves. There are several reviews and testimonials to account for this.

The remote packages are the most popular options for trainee traders, as all that is needed is a PC/laptop & an internet connection - the academy provides the user with all the other necessary software, reading materials, course content in order to trade on a day to day basis.

I appreciate there are new traders who are trading live, my question was are they consistently profitable.

Hey Blaiser/Pboyles,

I am having thoughts of setting up one of these academies.... First order of business is to develop the name..... I want it to sound official and prosperous and a few other things....

And once I do that I will start to develop a program to convince people that they can not learn to trade unless they grease me with $10,000 for two months.

A question I might have for these academies and institutions of higher learning is..... What percentage of their course is geared to automated trading as that is what the markets are rapidly becoming...., in other words, a 'graduate' of joe's indficator course may be very quickly out of luck competing against automated systems.

I am having thoughts of setting up one of these academies.... First order of business is to develop the name..... I want it to sound official and prosperous and a few other things....

And once I do that I will start to develop a program to convince people that they can not learn to trade unless they grease me with $10,000 for two months.

A question I might have for these academies and institutions of higher learning is..... What percentage of their course is geared to automated trading as that is what the markets are rapidly becoming...., in other words, a 'graduate' of joe's indficator course may be very quickly out of luck competing against automated systems.

The markets are not "rapidly becoming" automated, high frequency trading by computer algorithms already represents the lion share of trading volume, there is nothing new about it. As day traders we welcome HFT's as they add liquidity and can add volatility, thus giving us better opportunities to make money!

Hello draa,

At present you are not trading or training through the NI Trading academy, therefore your statement is merely negative speculation. I would advise anybody who is interested in finding out more information about the academy to do the research by simply speaking to trader/trainees who have undergone the training programme or who are currently using the academy services".

Hello draa,

At present you are not trading or training through the NI Trading academy, therefore your statement is merely negative speculation. I would advise anybody who is interested in finding out more information about the academy to do the research by simply speaking to trader/trainees who have undergone the training programme or who are currently using the academy services".

Is your website working yet?