Nok/sek

betman

What are peoples views on NOK/SEK..

Got in before the rates decision and just wondering what peoples views are on the pair.

Are we likely to see 1.16 + ??

What are peoples views on NOK/SEK..

Got in before the rates decision and just wondering what peoples views are on the pair.

Are we likely to see 1.16 + ??

I like this pair. Easy to trade, trends well, nice clean moves, not choppy.

It has got everything really, one of my favourites.

I am long and I think it's a pretty neat little trade. Long from 1.1328, target 1.20.

How many instruments do you trade TL?

That was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. I've never placed a trade on this but I have looked at it from time to time and it looks horrendous. Unbelievably choppy, an absolute nightmare to trade. I'm sure it is tradeable, but with so many things to trade I don't know why anyone would want to.

To answer your question, 3 things - mini S&P, Nasdaq & Dow.

Sorry, sarcasm mode is currently off due to ingestion of a large quantity of M&Ms

You should try Mexican Pesos futures....

A few weeks ago- my mate bumped into a trader & put the two of us in touch. Turns out that he trades spreads - 2000 cars a day...

He says that for spreads - thinner is better because algos run a mile @ the first sign of a move and he was less than complimentary about the remaining traders.

It makes sense in spread trades - I mean, why trade an ultra-thick market for spreads? You'd be competing against algos that KNOW they have the liquidity to trade against.

I think that for outrights, the flip side might be true, the algos can participate in a thick market but they have to go with the flow, not arb out a small delta before anyone else can.

Any reason you trade such closely correlated markets? I presume you trade outrights...

Any reason you trade such closely correlated markets? I presume you trade outrights...

Yes. As to why, I'm looking for certain behaviour and sometimes it's apparent on one and not the others. I would hope though that I will be forced to drop two of them in the not too distant future. Progress towards this goal is not rapid however.

Yep, I got in a few days ago and it's got room to keep going...

Oh sorry I read that wrong.. I thought you had shorted... I went long too ant a similar level. Just looking as to when the best time to get out is.. You really think 1.20?? I was looking at around 1.650 - 1.17..

Oh sorry I read that wrong.. I thought you had shorted... I went long too ant a similar level. Just looking as to when the best time to get out is.. You really think 1.20?? I was looking at around 1.650 - 1.17..
1.20 if you're greedy, lower if you're not so greedy. I like the fact that it's positive carry (although that would depend on your broker), so I would be happy to sit on it until 1.20. The only reason NOKSEK is here, IMHO, is some very specific flows (SNB rebalancing and some transactions by the Norwegian oil fund) that occurred during the summer months, which are generally very low liquidity for Scandis.

has been very choppy today!! Yesterday looked good, but today it has lost all its gains.. :-( .. Lets hope the afternoon shows some hope..

What are peoples views on weather or not Riksbank will cut rates tomorrow... What time can we expect the dicision?

What are peoples views on weather or not Riksbank will cut rates tomorrow... What time can we expect the dicision?

Market is expecting a 25 bp cut - due out at 3:30 AM EST - 8:30 AM GMT. It is tough to gauge the impact IMO as the chart is largely sideways since March 2011. Higher oil prices would certainly have a positive impact on this cross - although there is usually a lag with that.

Nice to see traders tracking pairs/crosses other than the usual EUR/USD....