No experience- do not to start real trading

I agree that no amount of paper trading or demo trading can prepare you for what you will experience in a life account. I do not understand why so many ignore the psychology involved in trading.

True , but if you cant make it on the demo then you cant in a live account , so why move to the real stuff b4 you master it . First step demo then live small stakes and so on ... i still trade on a demo account side by side live trading .

simulators can be a great discretionary trading aid if you utilise them fully. Most people just fumble around in the dark though.

simulators can be a great discretionary trading aid if you utilise them fully. Most people just fumble around in the dark though.

Yes most of them just want to increase their demo balance , i don't care about the demo balance , i use it as a testing vehicle for ideas , setups , stops , MM , stress test ... etc .

Yes most of them just want to increase their demo balance , i don't care about the demo balance , i use it as a testing vehicle for ideas , setups , stops , MM , stress test ... etc .

+1

I had a series of exercises that I would do and record the results

I ask because I was at the driving range at lunchtime with 48 balls improving my sh1tty attempts at playing golf to something slightly less sh1tty. When I was in the car driving home, I remembered I used to do this with trading too with similar exercises as the one you describe but I don't do it any more. I realised I am not improving my technique any longer even though I am still using SIM for exploration purposes. It explains why my game is not materially improving any longer. It is so important.

I ask because I was at the driving range at lunchtime with 48 balls improving my sh1tty attempts at playing golf to something slightly less sh1tty. When I was in the car driving home, I remembered I used to do this with trading too with similar exercises as the one you describe but I don't do it any more. I realised I am not improving my technique any longer even though I am still using SIM for exploration purposes. It explains why my game is not materially improving any longer. It is so important.

The harder you practice, the luckier you get ;)

Golf is not a game of perfect is the best tarding book never written about tarding IMO.