Nikkei 225

jklondon

Hi - just wondering if anyone traded this index regularly ? seems to be the odd casual post about it here or there.

Seems to be heavily correlated with the DOW and it also seems to 'exagerate' the DOWs swings as well making it an interesting index to possibly trade , although this is just on observation with no TA done as yet.

Use IG at the mo - Spreads are 30 when in-hours or 50 out hours.

it is nothing to do with the dow, you have a wedge decending on a 5year chart v bullish!

jklondon,
You mention Nikkei 225. Going by the fact that you are using IG is it safe to assume that you are trading via a spreadbetting company. Not sure whether you were aware but you can trade OSAKA,SIMEX and CME Nikkei futures. I am currently looking into trading SIMEX Nikkei and HANG SENG futures at the moment due to other work commitments. The problem with OSAKA NIKKEI futures is that if you have an account with XXX broker then you have to use them for clearing and execution. Under OSE rules you are not permitted to use a third party broker like YYY and give the trades up to XXX. CME Nikkei there are no restraints but I am not sure what the liquidity is like on these.
FTSEBOY

Hi Picker - yes that is fairly obvious , but moving your horizons to a shorted period there is a relationship between the two (im not making judgement on how 'strong' that is note) backed up by the fact that Japan will only recover this time round if there is a sustained bull marked in the states.

Can anyone recommend a good brokerage for electronically trading the N225. I've tried GCI but the quality of their back-up service appears suspect at the moment.
TIA

Hi - just wondering if anyone traded this index regularly ? seems to be the odd casual post about it here or there.

Seems to be heavily correlated with the DOW and it also seems to 'exagerate' the DOWs swings as well making it an interesting index to possibly trade , although this is just on observation with no TA done as yet.

Use IG at the mo - Spreads are 30 when in-hours or 50 out hours.

I trade nikkei regularly, but i'm just a one lot trader.
many traders use chart to trade, end up losing a lot of money.
I follow smart money to look for buy signal.
According to Commitment of Traders report, hedge funds have a huge short position on nikkei, so I'm predicting that they will take profit soon.

Can anyone recommend a good brokerage for electronically trading the N225. I've tried GCI but the quality of their back-up service appears suspect at the moment.
TIA

You could try Interactivebrokers, they'll give you Nikkei Singapore data for free, and the it's less per tick than Osaka. Their min is 10k USD to set up an account.

I did some Nikkei trading about 6 months ago, but it doesn't fit my timezone so gave it up. From what I've seen there is definitely a lot of money to be made on holding BOs on this contract, I wouldn't recommend it for scalpers though.

I follow smart money to look for buy signal.

And how do you follow smart money in the day timeframe? Do you eyeball a level2 screen or are you talking about taking positions based on what you heared about some hedge funds?

I believe we are in a bear market bounce and trying to predict when it's going pear shaped again - plan to short the nikkei225 - opinions welcome

daily trading volume on the SGX Nikkei 225 is 50000 - they also have a mini Nikkei 225, but I don't know what that volume is.

Would be interested to know what slippage is like. Also on the Hang Seng future.

is this thread never been updated for a while?
nikkei now is about to reach 9800, because abe's words encourage people to sell their yen and buy indices.

could anyone post a shot of Nikkei order book ? whenever you read it, I'm just wondering what is the usual spread and how fat it is (limit orders vs volume), but no plan to trade it soon , thanks a million
I've seen at work order book of every significant instrument but not this asian things.. no access to this exchange

If Nikkei doubles in 2015 than yen is in super selling mode, so you guys know what to do. Buy USD/YEN and Buy Japan Equities, than soon enough you will be richer.

could anyone post a shot of Nikkei order book ? whenever you read it, I'm just wondering what is the usual spread and how fat it is (limit orders vs volume), but no plan to trade it soon , thanks a million
I've seen at work order book of every significant instrument but not this asian things.. no access to this exchange

You still want the shot of this order book?

CanOz

Here's your order book on the Jigsaw DOM...

XS

Attachments

• aaDOM NK.png
    aaDOM NK.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 310
The Nikkei’s sell-off found buying at the rising 13-day average at 14515 and rallied back to the recent recovery highs. This leaves the focus higher on resistance at 14816/820. Above here would open up a move to the 14953 peak. Extension through here would look on to the 78.6% retracement of the May/June decline at 15185. Bigger picture, we would look for an eventual move back to the 15880/945 highs. Beneath 14515 aims at 14410. Below here would see a small top for 14235/30, and through it is required for a more extended correction.

Holding a long. Add on weakness to 14421, stop below 13825. Take profit at 14950/55. Below 13835/25 should see weakness extend back to 13615/10. Retry a long here, stop below 13550.

Attachments

• Nikkei.png
    Nikkei.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 235