News Trading!

aamarx

Hi ladies and gents

I trade Forex news events, and have had good consistent success with this style of trading. I am based in the UK and use a US based broker for my trades, my trades are based up on the actual news (i.e. the deviation from consensus).

With this style of trading execution speed is of paramount importance, so with the servers of the broker I use being all the way across the atlantic I am guessing I lose a bit of execution speed and thus the quality of my fill suffers.

Does anyone know of any UK based forex brokers that are used by news traders? Best case scenario this company would have its trade servers in the UK.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Marx

Hi Mark,

I am very interested in this method of trading so maybe we can share some thoughts. I use IB at present which I have found to be OK on speed but could be better. What source of data are you using ?

Paul

Hi Paul

I use Bloomberg for my data

At the moment I use InterbankFX (IBFX). I did set up an account with IGForex and for a couple of months got AMAZING fills on all my trades. However I think they have wised up to News traders and made some changes to their platform which result in a no fill. :rolleyes: Ultra annoying!

Now I would love to find a UK based broker, with UK based servers preferably in London. I think the term is "bucket broker" like IBFX would be best, onethat uses multiple banks to get you filled would be great!

Does anyone know of a site listing UK based brokers? The states has it all!

Mark,

Do you subscribe to Bloomberg ? Also I think that you will find that it wont make much difference even if you have UK based servers. I am also of the view that there are no UK based brokers that will fulfill your need.

That said let's wee if someone can come up with a suitable broker.

Paul