Newcomer to Forex trading

teflon

Hello, Complete novice here!

I am very interested in starting to trade in the Forex market.
This question has probably been asked a thousand times but, has anyone got any advice on good books or information to help me get started.
I considered buying The Insider Signal but wasn't 100% convinced and I see the offer has now been closed.
I know it was expensive but to someone who doesn't know much about it, it seemed a place to start.
I noticed it received mixed reviews on here so i thought I would ask if any of you guys have any
help on how to get started.
There seems to be no shortage of ebooks and internet "opportunities" on how to make a fortune doing this but I am under no illusion that it is not that easy!
I have been in business for 18 years and nothing comes for free.
This just really interests me and I would like to give it a proper go.

Thanks in advance.

teflon said:
Hello, Complete novice here!

I am very interested in starting to trade in the Forex market.
This question has probably been asked a thousand times but, has anyone got any advice on good books or information to help me get started.
I considered buying The Insider Signal but wasn't 100% convinced and I see the offer has now been closed.
I know it was expensive but to someone who doesn't know much about it, it seemed a place to start.
I noticed it received mixed reviews on here so i thought I would ask if any of you guys have any
help on how to get started.
There seems to be no shortage of ebooks and internet "opportunities" on how to make a fortune doing this but I am under no illusion that it is not that easy!
I have been in business for 18 years and nothing comes for free.
This just really interests me and I would like to give it a proper go.

Thanks in advance.

Hey teflon,

I am relatively new to forex trading too (been studying and dabbling for around 1 year) and found this site packed with useful info. Have a dig around the forex threads and you'll learn a great deal. There are so many strategies you have to chose one that works for you in the timeframe that suits you. Open a demo account and start 'paper' trading AFTER having read as much as you can.

There's a wealth of free stuff on the net so don't go paying out too much for promises and holy-grails. Just google forex trading and sign up for a few sites as they will mail daily outlooks and articles. Here's a few sites which I'm sure you may have already come across...

www.actionforex.com
www.bloomberg.com
www.forexfactory.com
www.forextv.com
www.fxstreet.com

good luck and happy learning !!
Priceman

Thanks Priceman,
I will keep reading and researching.
I don't have a problem paying for good advice whether it be a book, a course or whatever.
I am no different from anybody else; I want to learn as quickly as possible and if it saves me time then it is worth paying for.
I do have a problem paying for bad advice which makes me cautious about some of the adverts you see on the net.
Will keep in touch.