Newbie planning to trade E-mini futures live "some day"

Maybe you are just trying get hold of his technique.

My tests suggest there are more profit in volatility than in trending moves. Since volatility is present every day, making daily profits is a given. You'd need a particular amount of money to make a particular level of profit. $100 a day or $x a day is perfectly possible if you allocate the right amount of money for the task.

Perhaps what you are missing is not appreciating money can be generated from volatility. I would believe volatility is the main money generator for those who are profitable.

I've no doubt you know best Joe.

And you can show me on your statement how you made a fortune trading the plunge and subsequent recovery?

"When you understand stock market science you have no concern about important developments in your morning newspaper, because the news is not a factor in your operations. You know that no one can continually interpret the news into coming stock market movements."
-Richard D Wyckoff circa 1920.

Richard Demille Wyckoff (November 2, 1873 – March 19, 1934) was a stock market authority, founder and onetime editor of the Magazine of Wall Street (founding it in 1907), and editor of Stock Market Technique.

Wyckoff implemented his methods in the financial markets, and grew his account such that he eventually owned nine and a half acres and a mansion next door to the General Motors' Industrialist, Alfred Sloan Estate, in Great Neck, New York (Hamptons).

He never used Twitter :LOL:

There are lot more Wyckoff who lost a lot in that AP hack.

People paying for Reuters, Bloomberg may not be Wyckoff but are earning a good amount to cover the cost of news.

Good luck trading!