Newbie needing advice

Kane_

I am new to spread betting, I have been using CMC Markets demo account and have been doing quite well. How much practice should I do before I risk my own money?

Any advice or recommendations would be massively appreciated. Especially about how much money I should start with etc.

Thanks all!

I am new to spread betting, I have been using CMC Markets demo account and have been doing quite well. How much practice should I do before I risk my own money?

Any advice or recommendations would be massively appreciated. Especially about how much money I should start with etc.

Thanks all!

Hi Kane,
I would personally recommend you to start as soon as possible....
By start asap I mean using the smallest stake you can play with, but "your" real money, because I found myself long time ago, that demo trading is only good to test a strategy, during a short period of time, and it doesn't has a lot to do with real trading..... even if you play with pennies, it is a whole different world that requires a total different mental work.....
:)

Thanks Enzzo. I did my first live trade this morning on a very low margin and it came through. It's difficult to know how much money to start with, as there is always going to be the inevitable losses especially when starting!
What do you look at when you are choosing your bets?

Thanks Enzzo. I did my first live trade this morning on a very low margin and it came through. It's difficult to know how much money to start with, as there is always going to be the inevitable losses especially when starting!
What do you look at when you are choosing your bets?

Hi,
Yes, of course... Losses are unavoidable when you are starting and later on as well...
the important thing is grabbing the experience under your belt and start to be better and better... that's the goal

I don't really get your last question... you mean bet size? or instruments I look to bet on?........

Instruments etc. and how you analyse the particular stock and decide which you are going to bet on.

Instruments etc. and how you analyse the particular stock and decide which you are going to bet on.

I trade a lot of instruments like forex majors, indices, commodites, etc...
talking about the strategy, I mainly use S/R and some other very few patterns too...
I try to keep it as simple as possible.....
:)