New Zealand

wasp

Legendary member
To put my profits to good use, I am taking a year over in New Zealand away from these lovely green shores and was hoping some locals could give me a bit of an insight.

I trade GBP/$ and EURO/$ primarily and am anticipating alot of working overnight but was curious to the profibility of more local currencies and stocks. Ones that will enable me to trade during the day a bit more would be nice! I used to trade Indicies and stocks but found FX more profitable, at least for me!

I am looking into this myself as well but a head start from anyone in the right time zone would be appreciated.

Cheers in advance...

chrisw,
The local bourse" are ASX, NZX, and Singapore, Tokyo.
Most of the guys I know trade ASX and Singapore using CFD's.
The US markets, once the winter starts here, and summer in US, is a 1.30am open. Currently a 3.30am open.

Obviously currencies offer trading anytime, but not trading FX, wouldn't know if there is a better time.
As far as local currencies the NZ$ / AUS$ are a closely linked pair, and offer safe and consistent moves, if there exists such a beast.

cheers d998........I am in Auckland.

If you want a currency to trade in NZ find one that has good trends in the timeframe (yen maybe) unless u want to trade mainly chop in euro.

Try Hong Kong .... HSI ... for the best futures contract in the region. This baby goes for it almost every single day!

Cheers guys,

much appreciated. I shall have a look into them all. I'd like to stick to currencies and have no problems with working unsociable hours but think I'll definately look more into HK, Japan and Singapore.

I currently only trade spot FX and live in New Zealand. I position trade so I don't find I need to be up during all the active times of the market. During our day time here, not much usually happens. Asia session typically is a time for consolidation, not always, but typically. Another alternative is to spend some time on EUREX which will start at around 2100 here, and in the winter this will change to 1900. I'm starting to dable with some Bunds and Bobls. I intend these to be my daytrade instruments, probably working till about 0100-0200 each night.

I live in the south island in Christchurch.

MK