New to trading

allan

I am new to trading in the forex and I have seen that disserent platforms tend to ask different bid/ ask spreads. Why is this and where can I find a platform with nice reliable spreads

Hi allan, some more experienced traders than myself, may give you some better advise but I think if you do a search on posts by Newtonbomb, he is well clued up on Forex, as I am sure many others are.

best of luck

Hiya

I currently use GFT they have excellent charting brokerage is pretty much like everyone else the spread remaing consistant even at volitile times.

I have not had major issues with them... so far lol :LOL:

Hope This Helps
NB

Wrong about Saxo: it does not deliver as promised. No "streamed" tradeable prices on its Trader. No trade accepted until Saxo's market maker (a person, not a computer) likes the price. I know from costly experience.

Take a look at the GTS platform.....it has:
Fast Response Time
Windows Based Platform Minimum Computer Resource Usage
Customized Currency Pair Selection
Best Charting System Eliminates Error Input
Highly Encrypted File Transfer Ensures Maximum Security
Multiple Order Capability permits 5 different Stop or Limit Orders
Advanced Managed Account Administrative Functions

http://www.proedgefx.com/gp_demoreg.aspx?ref=JBAR

I recommend a virtual account with FXCM even though it says 30 days they will extend this,I am currently back testing data and then trying the strategies with FXCM.
I pull data from http://www.dukascopy.com/english/ddf_main/rdata/ExportCSV/ and interrogate it using perl, you could do the same using Excel / VBA
In addition I subscribe to Stocks & Commodities www.traders.com this has helpful advice and ideas
Finaly food for thought, a qoute in July Stocks & Commodities when interviewing Toni Turner : -
"How long does it take to learn to trade ?, Answer : Five years if you're smart, 10 years if you're really smart"

I trade with Oanda since April this year. So far I am very satisfied with their performance. Spreads are as low as you can get: 1.8 for EUR/USD and 3 for most other "standard" pairs. Direct tradable prices and execution is instantly.

The only thing that happens is that the spread increases from the standard 1.8 pips (for EUR/USD) to 3, 4 or 5 pips temporarily when large price swings are expected during the publication of economic data.

They have no trading desk and no telephone trading. So in case of PC or network malfunction you'd better have your stop-loss in place.