New and looking for input

littlebu

I realize there are a million new guy threads and have been looking over them, but it's hard to keep them all straight. I am mostly looking for book help as there are millions of them too. What do you all think about:

Swing trading essentials by Jon Markman
Getting started in Swing Trading by Michael Thomsett
Day trading and swing trading the currency by Kathy Lien

Also is there a good paper trading site? I would like to paper trade for at least 6-8 weeks to ensure what I am doing is working. Thanks

bu

I realize there are a million new guy threads and have been looking over them, but it's hard to keep them all straight. I am mostly looking for book help as there are millions of them too. What do you all think about:

Swing trading essentials by Jon Markman
Getting started in Swing Trading by Michael Thomsett
Day trading and swing trading the currency by Kathy Lien

Also is there a good paper trading site? I would like to paper trade for at least 6-8 weeks to ensure what I am doing is working. Thanks

bu

I've never read any of those - but I can recommend Swing Trading by Marc Rivalland. His book covers plenty of practical advice on how to trade the markets.

Marc Rivalland.com

The Master Swing Trader: Tools and Techniques to Profit from Outstanding
Short-term Trading Opportunities by Alan S. Farley

Any decent broker will provide a demo account for you to practice on.

Thanks Hog and Fib for the suggestions. I was just looking into brokers today. Any recommendations on which to use? I would like to paper trade for 4-6 weeks but would like to make the paper account the same place that my real account will be when ready so I am familiar with the interface etc. Thanks