Need a broker review

Is anybody having any idea about this broker called OspreyFX?
This name sounds completely new for me. The rule of thumb is to stay away from Fx brokers which are new in the market because the test of time is a best way to ensure safe choice of a company from this industry.

They're not regulated by anyone. If they can't get regulation even by the likes of cysec, I'd be steering well clear.

This name sounds completely new for me. The rule of thumb is to stay away from Fx brokers which are new in the market because the test of time is a best way to ensure safe choice of a company from this industry.
Makes sense! Would this still be valid if I have good recommendations from some fellows?

Higher leverage? Hmm. How is that important if they've pissed off with all your money because they're not regulated and they can basically do what they want with it?

As for your other question, in my opinion, yes it would still be valid regardless of other 'fellows' opinions because those 'fellows' may not be being honest. If you're entering into the business of FX or any other security, why would you not want to be regulated? Yes, it's a cost to the broker, factored in during your funding rounds usually, and in the interests of attracting funds and clients, it's a substantial benefit. Even if they were regulated in NZ or even bloody Belize it would be something, but not to be regulated at all??? :oops:

Run, do not walk, away.

Makes sense! Would this still be valid if I have good recommendations from some fellows?
Depends on the fellows, their progress and their desire to make you trade under their IB :). Many factors should be considered because affiliate business is popular in this industry.

Higher leverage? Hmm. How is that important if they've pissed off with all your money because they're not regulated and they can basically do what they want with it?

As for your other question, in my opinion, yes it would still be valid regardless of other 'fellows' opinions because those 'fellows' may not be being honest. If you're entering into the business of FX or any other security, why would you not want to be regulated? Yes, it's a cost to the broker, factored in during your funding rounds usually, and in the interests of attracting funds and clients, it's a substantial benefit. Even if they were regulated in NZ or even bloody Belize it would be something, but not to be regulated at all??? :oops:

Run, do not walk, away.
I see this from a very different perspective. For me, trading is also on trust. If you can't trust a broker, you cannot. No matter if they are regulated or not. Also, these regulated brokers are mafias, they literally manipulate quotes to churn out money from traders. Nobody can deny that.

Depends on the fellows, their progress and their desire to make you trade under their IB :). Many factors should be considered because affiliate business is popular in this industry.
I totally get your point. but these recommendations are not from affiliation point of view. I know these people for a while now and nobody didn't really manifest the idea of getting more traders under their affiliation.

ospryfx seems new in the market & whatever i hv read on review sites, not very comfortable to trust the broker.
though i'm nowhere promoting offshore brokers but have been with turnkeyforex for long with no bad surprises. there are other brokers that i have traded with like evolve markets and lqdfx all are fair. just search read online before making a decision on a broker and the best way is to deposit very small amount that you dont mind losing and test them yourself.

I see this from a very different perspective. For me, trading is also on trust. If you can't trust a broker, you cannot. No matter if they are regulated or not. Also, these regulated brokers are mafias, they literally manipulate quotes to churn out money from traders. Nobody can deny that.

Okay ... so why would you trust a broker who isn't regulated? Regulation implies trust all by itself. It says "you can trust us, we're not going to fuck off with your money" (assuming they aren't regulated in, for example, Belize, which would probably be less worthy). Whereas a complete lack of regulation would imply the opposite.

As for 'mafias' - come on. No FCA or NFA broker is going to screw about like that. 10 years ago, maybe a little, but these days? The penalties would be absolutely horrific. Even Cysec have been on the ball lately there. There may well be some brokers out there who are money laundering operations - allegations have been made in the past - but price manipulation from FCA brokers? No. You simply have to understand that in many cases you are not trading the underlying market, but the brokers interpretation of the underlying. You want "proper"quotes? Then you'll have to pay for them with brokers like Interactive Brokers who give DMA.

ospryfx seems new in the market & whatever i hv read on review sites, not very comfortable to trust the broker.
though i'm nowhere promoting offshore brokers but have been with turnkeyforex for long with no bad surprises. there are other brokers that i have traded with like evolve markets and lqdfx all are fair. just search read online before making a decision on a broker and the best way is to deposit very small amount that you dont mind losing and test them yourself.
FPA is paid reviews and so are other review websites. Maybe I should try putting in $10 and see what happens.

FPA is paid reviews and so are other review websites. Maybe I should try putting in $10 and see what happens.
Well 10 bucks to try a broker won't show you anything because the conflict of interest you want to test becomes the real tension between you and broker only when decent money is on the stake,

they charge a commission for replenishment of almost $ 10, which is not written anywhere, and this can only be found out after replenishment. thats not nice

Well 10 bucks to try a broker won't show you anything because the conflict of interest you want to test becomes the real tension between you and broker only when decent money is on the stake,
i agree, it takes thousands bucks to test their reliability.

@GMoore87 10 buck commission is too much, turnkeyforex has only $2 per lot not to mention they have tight spreads.

how's spreads with tickmill and hotforex? @hatemypips

i agree, it takes thousands bucks to test their reliability.

@GMoore87 10 buck commission is too much, turnkeyforex has only $2 per lot not to mention they have tight spreads.

how's spreads with tickmill and hotforex? @hatemypips
Tickmill offers 4$ round turn, Hotforex 8, but raw spread account is great for scalping on majors