Native .Net API

arold_ite

Apologies if this has been asked before. Can anybody suggest a direct access broker, which offers a NATIVE .Net API?

I’m not interested in ActiveX controls or wrappers around COM objects. I’m looking specifically for a native .NET API.

I’m not fussy about, which markets are offered by the brokerage (futures, equities, forex, etc). I just want an online broker, which preferably has some kind of demo account that I can develop a .NET ATS against.

Thanks
Arold

Arold

Try Interactivebrokers.com (known commonly here as IB). They have an excellent trading simulator although you need to have a live account in order to use it. You can run the .net API on their demo platform for testing purposes although the demo prices are not realistic, whereas the papertrader / simulator is excellent.

I'll write the IB API chapter in your forthcoming book if you like...!!

rog1111

arold_ite said:
Apologies if this has been asked before. Can anybody suggest a direct access broker, which offers a NATIVE .Net API?

I’m not interested in ActiveX controls or wrappers around COM objects. I’m looking specifically for a native .NET API.

I’m not fussy about, which markets are offered by the brokerage (futures, equities, forex, etc). I just want an online broker, which preferably has some kind of demo account that I can develop a .NET ATS against.

Thanks
Arold

Hi Rog, I've actually written a few auto-trading systems for IB in the past, using VB6.

Maybe I'm wrong but I was under the impression that they only had an ActiveX interface into the TWS? I was looking for a native .Net interface.

I want to base the book exclusively on .Net an if possible, I want to stay away from COM, ActiveX, etc.

So are you saying that they have a native .Net interface now?

Arold

Arold

No sorry but they still use the tws.ocx ActiveX control via VB.net, or FIX. Might be worth asking them though ? What about MB Trading ?

rog1111

arold_ite said:
Hi Rog, I've actually written a few auto-trading systems for IB in the past, using VB6.

Maybe I'm wrong but I was under the impression that they only had an ActiveX interface into the TWS? I was looking for a native .Net interface.

I want to base the book exclusively on .Net an if possible, I want to stay away from COM, ActiveX, etc.

So are you saying that they have a native .Net interface now?

Arold