Nasdaq knocked..

Riz

Experienced member
thanks god not out but down to 2735 (-146).. as continuing lower growth expectations for the current and next year and higher energy prices concerns prompted another steep tech sell off which took Nas to a new low for the year..leaving tech stocks in a turmoil..

"The tape doesn't lie. It's a difficult market, with only defensive issues attracting buyers," noted Jay Suskind, director of trading at Ryan Beck & Co. "There's no reason to step in and buy right now. Rallies have [merely] been reflex rallies."

Even if the presidential mess clears, Suskind continued, the market must still contend with a slowing economy.

And investors got more evidence that the U.S. economy is slowing Tuesday. In fact, November consumer confidence fell to 133.5 versus October's 135.8 reading. The number was well below expectations for a 135.2 reading.

So do we all think it is time we forgot about end of year rallies?

Even if we ave end of the year positive trading I would not expect it to be strong. Therefore I would not bet long. We still may see one positive week, yet after that everyone will look at congress/president... Watch volatility - should it start rising again we may face retest of the recent lows.

Even if we ave end of the year positive trading I would not expect it to be strong. Therefore I would not bet long. We still may see one positive week, yet after that everyone will look at congress/president... Watch volatility - should it start rising again we may face retest of the recent lows.

still on the learning treadmill?

are you waiting until the end of year to discover if we have had pos or negative trading and if so what are you going to do then?

what exactly are you trading, a stock, an etf or an index?

remember, youre always trading the next bar, you cannot trade the last bar......

are you waiting for specific levels? wot are they?

so you wont bet long.....does that imply you are going to bet short? on margin? with this guess work?

oh, the fog of a self created war, eh......