Naked Trading

Rambo35

How many of you trade naked? First of all, if you are really naked for the sake for everyone around you get dressed. Secondly, most of you know what I refer to and to those who do not: naked trading refers to trading without any indicators, just the chart free of clutter and noise.

I have not tried it, although I do not use many indicators and my charts are almost naked. I did come across a few traders, in real life as well as online, who swear by trading naked and claim it has truly improved their trading.

What are your experiences with naked trading? Did it improve your trading and how?

How many of you trade naked? First of all, if you are really naked for the sake for everyone around you get dressed. Secondly, most of you know what I refer to and to those who do not: naked trading refers to trading without any indicators, just the chart free of clutter and noise.

I have not tried it, although I do not use many indicators and my charts are almost naked. I did come across a few traders, in real life as well as online, who swear by trading naked and claim it has truly improved their trading.

What are your experiences with naked trading? Did it improve your trading and how?

I trade with clothes on but don't use indicators at all on charts. However, I tend to trade over a longer time frame of a few months with various stocks so probably a bit different to some on here.

I think LTU Global has been banned for doing rubbish copy/paste jobs and spamming.

He deserved it. Posts are not relevant to discussions at all & his actions are obvious scam.

Finally he gave the negative feedback to what ever his paid party.

I swear all you guys are the same people..I cant believe the inane stuff going on here, unreal
we just need Babyblush to post now and we're done!

Last edited by a moderator:

its all about YOUR experiences. Let's say I tell you Iron man 3 is a good movie. But you think it sucks because you read some reviews somewhere saying so. But how do you really know whether it sucks? You will have to see it for yourself and find out. What sucks depend on you. Therefore, the best way to find that out is really trading naked for yourself for a while and see the results. No point asking for opinions because it will waste your time and simply because people are different. Your time can be used for your own experiments. A lot of time people waste their time arguing about things that doesn't help in their trading because they fail to understand people are different and they see things differently.

its all about YOUR experiences. Let's say I tell you Iron man 3 is a good movie. But you think it sucks because you read some reviews somewhere saying so. But how do you really know whether it sucks? You will have to see it for yourself and find out. What sucks depend on you. Therefore, the best way to find that out is really trading naked for yourself for a while and see the results. No point asking for opinions because it will waste your time and simply because people are different. Your time can be used for your own experiments. A lot of time people waste their time arguing about things that doesn't help in their trading because they fail to understand people are different and they see things differently.

Yes, I agree that it really is about your own experiences. I may open a small account and try trading based on a naked chart in order to see how it works for me.

Yes, I agree that it really is about your own experiences. I may open a small account and try trading based on a naked chart in order to see how it works for me.

Good decision to move in to PA trading.

I also do price action trading. But not so naked. Draw trendlines by myself and use 02 MAs.

Entries are based on PA patters/ forms.

I do a little bit of forex scalping, for very small stakes and when I have time during the day (which isn't as often as I'd like), and for that I do still have a 20-period SMA/EMA on the chart while I'm trading - Volman-style. For everything else, including my "main trading", I use no indicators at all - and almost never have done, really.

I found that giving up my few indicators and learning to appreciate and interpret price action was probably the single most important and beneficial "trading strategy decision" I've ever made.

So (for someone who occasionally still looks at an EMA!), as far as my own trading goes, I'm almost as "anti-indicator" as you can get, really.

I do a little bit of forex scalping, for very small stakes and when I have time during the day (which isn't as often as I'd like), and for that I do still have a 20-period SMA/EMA on the chart while I'm trading - Volman-style. For everything else, including my "main trading", I use no indicators at all - and almost never have done, really.

I found that giving up my few indicators and learning to appreciate and interpret price action was probably the single most important and beneficial "trading strategy decision" I've ever made.

So (for someone who occasionally still looks at an EMA!), as far as my own trading goes, I'm almost as "anti-indicator" as you can get, really.

I know what you mean when it comes to indicators. I have never used anything other than MACD. I have seen so many people whose charts look like a complete mess, at least to me. I wonder how they even know what they are looking at, but hey if it works for them who am I to judge.

Good decision to move in to PA trading.

I also do price action trading. But not so naked. Draw trendlines by myself and use 02 MAs.

Entries are based on PA patters/ forms.

Thanks, I do think that PA is one of the most reliable forms of trading.

I trade naked / nearly naked - i use a 60 sma and two horizontal lines to mark out tops and bottoms of ranges.

I found the charts started to make more sense once i'd dumped all the indicators and cleaned them upin my early days.

I don't know why we keep insisting on call them indicators, they show where price was - not where its going too same as bars / candles...

Does anyone trade totally naked - no candles just a line or even chartless? I could trade london break out chartless.

Peace and Pips
Kaya

I never thought about chartless trading.

Try excel.

Mind you buyers and seller's lead excel, chart's and price action.

Attachments

• Excel.JPG
    Excel.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 241