My trading journal - plus wave counting bits (old Trumps surprise visit to N.Korea)

ssam

246 5
Thinking outside the box:

Example: Macd & RSI accepted methods of use in all software programs and courses. Learn them all, then ignore as you research your own ways. Then run with your own findings. These are the ones that will suit your personality and most importantly are your own creation.

You're in it now, Sam. There is no going back to the HERD. You have broken out and are a lone warrior now. Since you are a Royce Gracie champion you already got no fear in the ring but in real life now when the crowd goes up against you and you find yourself all alone, you stand alone and watch the power run thru' your veins. its a whole new ballgame

If you ever get real lonely just stop paying your bills and watch what happens

All man's miseries derive from not being able to sit quietly in a room alone.
Without great solitude no serious work is possible.
You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with.
I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.
I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing
in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone.

Until you get comfortable with being alone, you'll never know if you're choosing someone out of love or loneliness.

End of lecture :):):):):):):):):):):)
Extremely philosophical - grateful for continued chart enlightenment and to bounce ideas off you.

Yes, I also think it’s imperative to learn what happens when x does y and produces z. I.e certain waves creating higher Highes on rsi and macd.

This evening I have ample DIY, painting stairs listening to John Williams, very simple work for a change with some nice music. Some nice structure on another little gem GBPCAD, looking just at daily unsure but appears a flat top rising wedge be forming for wave C up. May try to get the chart up tomorrow morning.

ssam

246 5
Serendipity galore! Just yesterday I had decided to show you a stellar way to simplify wavecounting that is ultra reliable but often sooooo overlooked by wavers .............. like you said, "just using closing prices aka The Line"

My standard view is with the wicks and whole shabang. But for some time now I have taken a shine to PURE CLOSING PRICES aka LINE.

And of course all the same techniques would apply. Your trendline would go right under the closes.

There is a whole lot to be said for the psychology of WHERE THE BULL/BEAR FIGHT FOR THE DAY, WEEK or MONTH closes
Ah ha, great minds! Yes, was having a session on the charts this evening looking at the closing price line charts, thanks for the close tip too.

But full shabang is nice to see certain patterns

fibo_trader

Experienced member
1,584 28
But full shabang is nice to see certain patterns

I could get banned for this but it would be worth it, this place has lost its sense of humor decades ago, somebody gotta be wiling to die to bring it back
😗 😗

Like you said "full shabang is nice to see certain patterns"

But how about the corresponding "barebones closing prices only as in almost no clothes, panties or bra?"

Which would you prefer? :)

fibo_trader

Experienced member
1,584 28
A real life Wave 3.

The wave height as measured by scientists was 35 meters at one particular dry mark point. Unconfirmed by Fibo. But from reports that later surfaced the wave basically swept over the entire island. Destruction was near total in line with what a Wave 3 did to companies like Enron, 88.3% destruction.

Such is a day in the life of a 3rd wave.

Fibo awaits the one en route in 2019+?

ssam

246 5
A real life Wave 3.

The wave height as measured by scientists was 35 meters at one particular dry mark point. Unconfirmed by Fibo. But from reports that later surfaced the wave basically swept over the entire island. Destruction was near total in line with what a Wave 3 did to companies like Enron, 88.3% destruction.

Such is a day in the life of a 3rd wave.

Fibo awaits the one en route in 2019+?

Quick update - Excuse the horrible clashing 1hour chart, just posting this so I can compare notes from previous post. I got the 200EMA kiss, which put 100 or so pips on the GBPUSD.

Slightly confused and one I am going to watch play out on the 4 hour, the line chart looks like rising wedge, which I would expect to be bear movement to downside but candle sticks showing a more flat top wedge which I would expect (more often than not) a bullish continuation to the up side.

I am expecting the higher low candles will be a sign for the bulls... who knows.... no trade on this, just wanting to keep eyes peeled.

1 Hour

4 Hour GBPUSD - Closing line.

GBPUSD 4hr

fibo_trader

Experienced member
1,584 28
GBPJPY:

SLAM DUNK!

A quick revisit of post #s 141, 142, 143 recommended, then see follow-up now

the 4H chart from post # 142 shown again ...................... keep eye on where the golden ratio 161.8% is marked. Then go to the updated chart below it to see the Fibo hit, reversal at the hit and also trendline break = instant TP

Mick and Keith done it real good with this one ............ solidly in Fibo's top 100

fibo_trader

Experienced member
1,584 28
GBPJPY:

on 1H the Slam Dunk looks even more dramatic but Fibo keeps perspective as he is a Daily chart player but uses these lower timeframes for Hi leverage rallies for fast bucks or DEATH whichever comes first:):);) ................

Mick & Keith deliver yet another that is firmly in my top 100.

ssam

246 5
GBPJPY:

SLAM DUNK!

A quick revisit of post #s 141, 142, 143 recommended, then see follow-up now

the 4H chart from post # 142 shown again ...................... keep eye on where the golden ratio 161.8% is marked. Then go to the updated chart below it to see the Fibo hit, reversal at the hit and also trendline break = instant TP

View attachment 267435

View attachment 267436

Mick and Keith done it real good with this one ............ solidly in Fibo's top 100

Nice slam dunk Fibo - thanking you.
Having had a few beers and a Big Mac on the way home from work, I think a night on the charts is just what I need. Some what meditation - plus each small step builds the rocket ship.

One favourite saying I learnt from you - I do not want to be playing grand piano for rest of life - much prefer to give up right organ for gift.

Shall update charts when home.

Fibo, have you ever seen either British TV show called Peep Show (on Netflix) or my fave being Alan Partridge, fictional character, but if I were to have 5 people come to dinner this man would be up there.

Can’t seem to imbed videos but this is a light intro.

fibo_trader

Experienced member
1,584 28
Nice slam dunk Fibo - thanking you.
Having had a few beers and a Big Mac on the way home from work, I think a night on the charts is just what I need. Some what meditation - plus each small step builds the rocket ship.

One favourite saying I learnt from you - I do not want to be playing grand piano for rest of life - much prefer to give up right organ for gift.

Shall update charts when home.

Fibo, have you ever seen either British TV show called Peep Show (on Netflix) or my fave being Alan Partridge, fictional character, but if I were to have 5 people come to dinner this man would be up there.

Can’t seem to imbed videos but this is a light intro.

Sorry Sam, I have not watched these TV shows. But hey, I don't watch any TV shows here either.

hahahaha, giving the upright organ as gift is defo the preferred method for any Alpha. But there is one more. Any time a female says to you, "we've gotta talk" and then just drops bombs on you that suggest its time to break up and move on, this will stop her dead in her tracks and reverse the trend 100% in your favor, which would be what you want as you dig her ................... the simple question ................

"how soon can you leave?"

invokes female psychology that has stood the test of time

she will never leave.

ssam

246 5
Quick update - Excuse the horrible clashing 1hour chart, just posting this so I can compare notes from previous post. I got the 200EMA kiss, which put 100 or so pips on the GBPUSD.

Slightly confused and one I am going to watch play out on the 4 hour, the line chart looks like rising wedge, which I would expect to be bear movement to downside but candle sticks showing a more flat top wedge which I would expect (more often than not) a bullish continuation to the up side.

I am expecting the higher low candles will be a sign for the bulls... who knows.... no trade on this, just wanting to keep eyes peeled.

1 Hour

View attachment 267384

4 Hour GBPUSD - Closing line.
View attachment 267385

GBPUSD 4hr

View attachment 267386
Set a pending short which triggered whilst at work, this was on the short breakout of the wedge - yield of 60pips my TP was pre-set to the 200 EMA and it smacked it right on the nose, my wave count remains unchanged and looks a little premature. Hide and wait...

So the learning from this, rising wedge forming on the close line chart played out albeit not dramatically. Looks like this pair has slipped into side ways movement which I may stay away from, but yet again has has a positive retest of the 200EMA (hourly), so will this be springboard up to a monthly high?

ssam

246 5
Happy Sunday Fibo et al.

GBPJPY for the week;

1 hour looks like 5 wave up complete, awaiting ABC down - MACD + RSI convergence, I am expecting price to head to the 130.00 point - based on .618 / 200 EMA / break of previous support, I expect this to be retested.

4 hour - A B C to complete the intermediate wave 1 down to the support of 130.00 would look to get involved here with on completion of wave 1 down to the .618.

Thoughts welcome!
1Hr
View attachment 267276

4hr
View attachment 267275
Mid-week look back - rudimentary waves up look to be playing out nicely, nothing changed on the chart... yes still a mess, but this is all for learning.

My C wave completing the corrective ABC, now 1 - 5 impulsive waves playing out.. who know! I was expecting a test of 200EMA as mentioned in previous post (time stamped), which almost within a few pips played out, and the long commenced nicely upward.
Top pink trend line it would and been broken (albeit very messy) expect this to be retested, bullish pressure continues MACD & RSI still looking to upside.

ssam

246 5
I have a fear Fibo may have been banned?

A great shame if so, he provided valuable input and certainly gave me ample guidance, feedback and laughs.

Surely the three things that are so crucial for making a resource like T2W worth having?

No body else provided feedback quite like he did, certainly on my posts.

ssam

246 5
Mid-week look back - rudimentary waves up look to be playing out nicely, nothing changed on the chart... yes still a mess, but this is all for learning.

My C wave completing the corrective ABC, now 1 - 5 impulsive waves playing out.. who know! I was expecting a test of 200EMA as mentioned in previous post (time stamped), which almost within a few pips played out, and the long commenced nicely upward.
Top pink trend line it would and been broken (albeit very messy) expect this to be retested, bullish pressure continues MACD & RSI still looking to upside.

View attachment 267503

Righteo - Sunday night analysis. Yes messy charts.

Above is the play out of the move posted a couple of weeks ago, nothing really changed and my black line prediction played out nicely, albeit slightly out of sequence. The Blue trend line structure has broken with a chunky C leg down which doesnt appear to have finished, so expecting the short to play out this week but not before a retest of the broken blue support upto the 134.500 then a short involved. RSI and MACD confluence to the down side. Noting that my 5th wave landed on the 1.618 extension.

I have noticed that when markets open on a sunday, any movement whether up or down usually ends up heading back to its open price head of the London 8am open. So something I will watch play out.

Will the resident waver return... only when playing grand piano.

ssam

246 5

Similar story on the GBPUSD, some strong support broken I have a pending short set as you can see on the right, with my entry slightly more refined and TP since this post. So do we this a 3rd wave complete and a wave 4 down underway.

As with all these things hide and wait... but I am short to 1.2300 area.