My Real Trading Journal

yurtrader

Hi Guys! This Will Be my real-money trading journal, as opposed to my paper trading journal.. I hope this will be ok..
... OR ELSE! :p

UPST
Entry ( Entered during IPO )
Exit - exited today @ 165.1, the prices were just too crazy.
I know this isn't a valid reason, but the lockup just expired a few days back, and usually after that there is a large pump and dump, and here the only real stop would have been below the 100 level, but that's like loosing 1/3 - what would you guys have done?

UPST.png

WISH
exited WISH with a loss of around 65$ after entering in at IPO.
Sure, it "may" go up, but better not to hold on to loosing positions
WISH.png

What is your trading strategy? what what rules are you trading around?

Sean

What is your trading strategy? what what rules are you trading around?

Sean
Hi Sean!
You are totally right, I forgot to mention this, for IPO's my checklist for participation is

• MUST preferably BE A UNICORN! ( some articles must mention it’s a unicorn)
  • Invest on the last days
  • must have positive articles via google search
  • must have positive articles on seekingalpha
  • positive stocktwits coverage is a plus
  • NO marihuana, bio/pharma, overvalued stocks like UBER/LYFT
  • Broker's growth forecast shouldn't be too far above 30 ( for some reason if it is stocks don't do to well)
for exiting IPO's it's harder, since they are in lockup, and I have to either do "forward contracts" which cost a lot, or wait for the lockup expiry date. Here my strategy is to "let them grow" and follow the trend, and exit if I see the stock beginning to act skiddish or do bad stuff. I know this sucks in terms of being "concrete" but so far so good.

ok quite a detailed macro outlook then, what about your entries and exits, what determines them exactly, do you rely heavily on moving averages?

ok quite a detailed macro outlook then, what about your entries and exits, what determines them exactly, do you rely heavily on moving averages?
thanks srm88!
For entries as I mentioned the above are mostly IPO's where there isn't an "entry" per se, just broker allocation. For my strategy when it comes to buying and selling stocks already on the market, look at my other "paper trading" journal, which I started specifically because I realized that while I have some knowledge/experience, it's time to solidify it and transform it into something systematic ( translation: previous results were inconsistent) - and that is my attempt where I outline every entry/exit