My Mistakes

oshunt

This is just for me to keep a record of my mistakes and try not to repeat them again. Also for other newbies like myself to see my mistakes.

suggestions from senior members, on there mistakes they've done would be helpful as well just to see if i can learn from other peoples mistakes.

1) didn't follow my trading plan due to impatience, wanted to be in the market even though there where no signals.

1) didn't follow my trading plan due to impatience, wanted to be in the market even though there where no signals.

Hi
This is a very common psychological issue and one I and many others have been guilty of. It is very difficult to realise that doing nothing is a position in itself and it is the sitting doing nothing that helps you stay in the game (up to a point:))

I am sure that as you move on you will get better at staying with your system and only taking a position if your system says so.

All the best.

2) not being bothered to do the simple part and pull the trigger, for example i did all the research on the djia and the ftse worked out all the entry and where to stop and where my targets are (and it matched my trading plan) but didn't place the order which both hit target. Think this is to do with fear but can't be too sure, as it could also be that allot of things are going on in my life. Don't know if any one else has had this?

2) not being bothered to do the simple part and pull the trigger, for example i did all the research on the djia and the ftse worked out all the entry and where to stop and where my targets are (and it matched my trading plan) but didn't place the order which both hit target. Think this is to do with fear but can't be too sure, as it could also be that allot of things are going on in my life. Don't know if any one else has had this?

Hi
My advice would be that if there are things happening in your life outside the ordinary, do not trade until your life is back on an even keel. Trading is psychologically demanding enough without other external pressures. IMHO.