my journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
discretionary trade (outside protrend system)

I am not totally out of control because this method has been back-tested, but basically I made yet another trade outside that system I've been talking about.

I am betting the GBP will bounce back up in the next few hours to recover 25% of what it lost in this chart from yesterday (the chart is up to now).

Snap1.jpg

If it doesn't, or whatever it does, I'll close the position at about 9 AM CET. If it reaches that 25% retracement, then I'll exit early.

At this point it is totally impossible that I'll go to work tomorrow either. And now I am starting to feel guilty, also because I won't be calling them tomorrow either to say that I am sick (of them) or anything. But they got me into this mess by overloading me with work. So... it's up to them. They either start treating me better, and give me less work, or they might as well fire me. Because I can't keep on going like this: i'd die or go on a shooting rampage. All those who have sent me work are supposed to be feeling pretty guilty right now. The whole compliance department should be feeling guilty for going on long coffee breaks while I was busy doing pivot tables, working on databases and statistics for them all.

The thing these people don't understand and cannot understand is that it takes focus to work on excel. If I work on a table for you and I do it in 15 minutes, it doesn't mean that I'll make 40 tables in 8 hours, because I won't be able to produce that much reasoning without overheating my own brain, and burning out like a computer processor. They actually know, and that is why they refuse to learn to do this work, so I can do it for them. It's funny. Those who can do, do. Those who can't do, attend meetings and take decisions for us who work. You get hired, you can't do anything, so they say "well, let's make him the boss, since he can't do anything".

Well, the boss and the aspiring bosses will have to understand that I am tired of reasoning. X work in one hour does not mean X work times 8 in 8 hours. The brain cannot take it. Their brain doesn't do anything at all, so why are they asking me to destroy my brain with all their demands? I still remember those clueless looks on their faces when they ask me to do something for them, and I replied "look, I can't process this much information... I am not going to do any more tables for you guys, since you are not part of my office and this task belongs entirely to you". They looked at me as if they had no one else to turn to, and that's part of where my anxiety comes from: these people have become dependent on me. They haven't learned to do it themselves, and they cannot do it without me, but the CEO and those other guys (don't know the terms in English) ask for the reporting and the reporting comes from me, so if I stop doing the work I've been doing, ten people will be screwed. Yet they keep on asking for more and more, and I am not even part of their office... it's a total disaster: nothing works here, and the few people who do their job get burdened with everyone else's tasks.

And obviously there comes a point when a guy like me, getting paid less than all these slackers, half as much as them, says "enough". I get paid less than you, you go on coffee breaks, and I get nervous breakdowns to make you look good with the reporting and statistics?

Big part of this problem was caused by me. If I didn't get offended all my life by my dad, I wouldn't feel insecure. If I didn't feel insecure I wouldn't enjoy so much to feel needed by people, thereby helping them and making them become dependent on me. I am the one who was kind to them and produced the work for them all along. They relied on me, and now there's like 20 people who come to me to get their work done and I can't take it any more. I should have told them, months ago, "no", "no", "no, this I can't do", "no, I don't have time", and if they insisted "screw you". But I didn't. And now, all at once, I disappear. It's not good. I should have been firm and say "no", when the work was getting too much. It's a new situation for me, and they kept coming from all directions asking me for help... I didn't have any panic attacks - I just didn't show up, as I usually do in these situations.

Another cause of all this is my inability to preserve capital, to use proper money management, maybe of wanting too much too soon, because otherwise I wouldn't be here with 7k, since i was at 24k over a year ago. I would be able to quit by now. And no one would be in trouble. I saw that the amount of work was increasing. I saw that the rest of my office was falling behind. I wasn't falling behind and I didn't care about the fact that the rest was falling behind. But then somehow their problems were passed to me, because they gave me more and more work, while they still kept on going for frequent coffee breaks. They didn't get anxious about their work not being done, and instead gave it to me. When I think of this, I think I am doing the best thing by not going for a couple of days and letting them feel some anxiety and panic for the fear of having to deal with work themselves.

Oh, man... what a ridiculous situation. It's funny and crazy... my dad knocking on the door asking me how I am doing and yet he's the cause of the whole problem. And he continues to contribute to my anxiety which is the whole problem. By telling me about inflation tonight, and by asking me how I am in the morning, in a vain attempt to make me go to work, which he'll try tomorrow again. When he'll come and knock, I'll still be typing.

The problem is that if he tries to make me go, I'll not only refuse to go - since I always make sure to do the opposite of what he asks - but I'll also be unable to sleep the next night.

Everything could just be solved if he gave me 100k and let me invest it for 6 months. That's all I'd need. I could quit my job, and solve his worries about impending catastrophes as well.

Besides, his asking me how I am doesn't make any sense. If it weren't for the anxiety he passed on to me, I would be fine. So if he really cared, he should stay away from me instead of knocking on my door and telling me about impending catastrophes. If he wanted to help me he'd stay away from me.

And tomorrow that mother ****er will still come and knock on my door and ask me how I am and if I am planning to go to work.

Last edited:
It's 3 am here and this thing still isn't bouncing and I am showing a loss of 60 dollars right now. Sometimes I am wrong but this has been backtested and it usually works. There should be a bounce up in the next 4 hours. I am expecting it to start any time. It's been falling for a whole day and an overnight bounce is overdue.

Snap1.jpg

All I am expecting is for price to reach the top of the yellow box, within the next 4 hours.

I am expecting the next candles, even this last one which is red right now, to be all green for the next 3 hours at least. These are hourly candles. We've been falling too long.

Snap1.jpg

Ok, it finally started. The rise first started on the stock indexes futures ES and YM and then spread to the GBP, if we can use this term. It is also happening on the CL and on the EUR.

I don't have many doubts left that the GBP will recover at least 25% of yesterday's loss, which to me will mean 500 dollars, bringing me back to over 7.5k which ain't much if I think that I had 10k just 10 days ago, but which is 50% more than a week ago, when I had 5k and at a moment a bit less than 5k, with an open trade on the GBP if I remember correctly.

I am writing the last few posts, as i am totally exhausted. I keep on writing to stay awake, and I stay awake to be exhausted by tomorrow morning so I won't get up when my dad will knock on my door to pressure me to go to work. I don't feel that I should even answer. I still resent that mother ****er for everything he's done to me in my life. I hope I'll get some advantages from having put up with so much.

It seems to be stuck at 1.6544... it's been around there for hours.

Snap1.jpg

Wow, miracle. It touched 1.6547... probably a sign that it's about to take off upward. In the next two hours I'll finally make the much desired amount of 500 dollars, which would be enough, if guaranteed every day, to quit my job immediately and solve all my problems.

Yes, because that's 10k a month, more than any salary. The trouble is that to make this 500 every day I'd need a capital of 20k, which I can never seem to reach.

How sick is a father who teaches his son that he has to do his duty and his duty is to do things perfectly, or at least as perfectly as he can, and he has to perform this task regardless of whether his colleagues are working or not? How sick is this father? How sick a sick son is he creating? He'll create a son that vows to be a martyr.

A son that volunteers to do all work available, until he exhausts himself, and gets on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

But most of all a very sick trader, who expects every single tick to go in the direction he wishes and at the right time, or he gets disappointed and gets a heartache. A control freak who wishes to control the market.

Self-destruction... one way or another. If I don't get it by trading, i get it by staying up late... one way or another I always exceed enough to hurt my situation. Anxiety and exceeding at everything I do are what's hurting me. Maybe it's anxiety to exceed. Excessive work, excessive trading, excessive posting... worrying... no cure... just staying away from my dad and other unbalanced people like me.

Last edited:
every few seconds i close my eyes and fall asleep, and when i wake up i still see the same price: 1.6535, which means i am down a few dollars. I am not going to sleep for good until i can close this position with the profit i wanted.

since it's almost 5 am the gbp still has 3 hours to go and this rise that will happen will happen very fast, in just 3 hours. i am expecting it to start any time.

it's not just the gbp. every market i am monitoring has been stuck within the same 20 ticks range for the past few hours, not normal.

falling asleep every few seconds but waking up later and later... i risk not waking up one of these times.

how can it not bounce and how can every future i am monitoring be stuck at the same price for hours?

ok this is it... it bounced down really hard and then back up... things are moving finally

this basically the opposite of the news release at 14.30 CET, which was really fun to trade today. If I could get fired and be home at that time...

That is a trader's heaven and what i am seeing now is a trader's hell. I thought hell was top and bottom picking, but this is worse. At least if you try to pick a top, go short, and it keeps on rising, you're panicking and that is not a boring state of mind. It's fun compared to prices not moving at all.

Ok, I was wrong, now prices are moving against me, and it's not fun after all.

Wow, what a wasted trader's life and what a wasted life my life has been. Always trying to make things go my way, without ever adapting to them...

Prices go down, and I will them to go up, but do not reverse my position. Things don't go as I want them to go at work and instead of speaking up, I go on strike and don't show up the next day... it's a pattern.

They say "when there's a will there's a way", and I took it literally. I will things to go my way, but do nothing else about them. And now I'm willing prices to go up.

This is making me appreciate my automated systems and it's making me realize how much hell is trading without using takeprofits and stoplosses, or at least trading without volatility.

And yet I am not going to say this is always the case at this hour, because it is not true. All my studies confirm that we move just as much during the night. I don't know that. It just sounded good to say it.

The YM is terrible. It's been at 10343 to 10344 for hours. It'll be important if it gets to 10345. That'll signal some big move I think.

Uh-oh... major event: the YM went to 10345. Something big is about to happen.

Money would be good for me because due to my dad i've always felt that my life was bitter... sour... chronically sour. You say this? Bitter maybe. Well, it was bitter because of my dad's negativity. I feel that i could only possibly counter this sensation with a lot of sugar, that money could provide. Sure it would have been nice from the start, without having to get it myself. My dad instead, and it was part of his bitterness, never gave me any. He wanted to teach me sacrifice. Sacrifice means not spoiling your children. You have money but you deny it to them. Other people are dressed with expensive clothes, whereas your son has to be taught to not waste money on clothes, but just on important things, like culture, studying, books, piano, learning. So, I've had this bitter life, and I wanted to add a lot of sugar to it.

This type of counter-trend trading is very boring, because there's no worrying about where it might go. It can only reverse, and if it doesn't, you later close the position. There are no surprises. I am just waiting for this guy to reverse and go up.

But not him, nor any other of the futures I am monitoring are going up, except the JPY, who's always on his own. Dangerous and unpredictable guy.

I am waiting for the YM to turn green any time, and the others as well. The CL is close to turning green as well. They will all start rising together, in a few minutes.

Still just an hour to go for my prediction to come true. But that means we should start rising big time within ten minutes or my whole talk was wrong today. 1.6535 still... it's not good. We should be rising any time, or it'll mean that despite the big fall of yesterday - it lasted many hours even though it wasn't steep - we won't have any correction.

If no markets start rising big time by 6 AM CET, then I will have to exit the trade for fear of falling asleep and not being awake to close it at 9, but also because I changed my mind and I think it might be much lower at 9.

Yeah, everything is going up now, and I am breaking even again. Maybe in a few minutes there's going to be a big rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.