my journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, today I finished my first five to ten days of discretionary, more or less. So far it's produced nothing but money: not one loss. Of course that doesn't mean anything, because I could blow out my account tomorrow, but I must mention it, for future reference. I made about 1500 dollars from my discretionary trading in the past 10 days. Automated has produced another 1500 dollars, so I am up about 3k since a couple of weeks ago. Now things will be much much easier. If everything goes ok, by the end of next week I should be at 15k, and from then on everything will be downhill in terms of efforts. I could even start withdrawing again. By the end of next week if everything goes well I could stop counting the dollars I spend. Not the hundreds, but the dozens yes. But not at the "restaurant stage" yet, when I can go and take people to the restaurant as I wish. That can only start above 30k, or I'd be reckless. By the end of next week, I can breathe again. Right now I am at about 12k. I've come a long way since I started this journal. I've created like 10 systems. Right now I am thinking that my 43rd system can wait, the system (uncertain, possibly delusional) on statistical arbitrage on EUR and GBP futures. It can wait another two months to be tested and automated. I will try it with my discretionary as it will keep me from blowing out my account: I will trade and open (reversed) EUR and GBP positions without risking very much. This is how I'll do it: when I'll see the EUR or the GBP close to a reversal, I will simply pick the most overstretched and bet on a reversal, and at the same time open an opposite position on the other guy. Then if the reversal happens, the position on the overstretched one will make more than the other position will lose. If it doesn't reverse, I will break even. It's very likely to work. Then Weighbridge will help me understand why I am making money with something that doesn't seem to make sense, but I'll bother him again only if in fact I'll be making money with this (possibly delusional) strategy. I'll reason more about this, as I'll trade it live. I'll talk about it here, as usual. Today I made two discretionary trades, but not according to this method: I went short on both EUR and GBP, and made some money, but risked big as usual (small risk of big loss, and large probability of small gain, which ultimately leads to blowing out my account).

Last edited:
A-ha! Beautiful, thanks. I am glad we both enjoy the same music. Keep posting. Great peaceful setting, with peaceful music.

Singer and composer Carlos Lyra:

"Baden was at Vinicius home when he presented "Samba em Prelúdio", a tune he had just composed. Vinicius heard and liked it so much that he said that the composition was from Chopin. Baden denied but Vinicius insisted. At the end, Vinicius called one of his sisters who knew classical music very well, asked Baden to play and made de questions: "Isn't this Chopin?" She says no, Chopin had never written that music. But Vinicius still unconvinced said, "Chopin didn't make it because he forgot it. This song belongs to him." I first met Baden in a bar, in 1955. In 1959, I recorded my first LP and called him to play with me. We've never unglued from each other since that time. Baden at that time made enough only to pay the rent, he made a living playing here and there. But it was Vinicius who united us forever saying that Baden, Tom Jobim and I formed the Holy Trinity. Baden who was Garoto's heir leaves no heir."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baden_Powell_de_Aquino
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinicius_de_Moraes

Eu sem você não tenho porquê
Porque sem você não sei nem chorar
Sou chama sem luz, jardim sem luar
Luar sem amor, amor sem se dar

Eu sem você sou só desamor
Um barco sem mar, um campo sem flor
Tristeza que vai, tristeza que vem
Sem você, meu amor, eu não sou ninguém

Ah, que saudade
Que vontade de ver renascer nossa vida