My FX Journal - 80% Fundamental 20% Technical

FXX

Experienced member
1,138 190
looking at shorting audusd off the back of a failed follow through of a relief rally last night on a new PM announcement. Added to that we have news of Fitch ratings agency today saying it make no difference to their assessment

swissy

2,040 199
Looks like I missed it...
Made a few.... bit muted though. My analysis was that Dutton was unpalatable for the voters and they would turn to a compromise candidate. No surprises really as most politicians down under are spineless reptiles.

FXX

Experienced member
1,138 190
Potential trade opportunity coming up with Core Durable Goods Orders m/m

expected is 0.5 but i suspect it might be higher with rumors of businesses front loading to avoid tariffs. We also have Powell later today doing a speech titled "Monetary Policy in a Changing Economy" which could also be market moving but also could be a dud but if he highlights additional risks not discussed in policy minutes or previous communications then we could see some action.

FXX

Experienced member
1,138 190
bit of a mixed bag of data. Durable orders down 1.7% m/m while the reading excluding transportation is up 0.2% - no trade

FXX

Experienced member
1,138 190
looking at shorting audusd off the back of a failed follow through of a relief rally last night on a new PM announcement. Added to that we have news of Fitch ratings agency today saying it make no difference to their assessment
Just an FYI that price reasserted itself against the USD so no trade.

FXX

Experienced member
1,138 190
Just took 25 pips from Powell speech. The significant piece was economy not showing signs of overheating and therefor reducing an additional hike expectations in December.

FXX

Experienced member
1,138 190
So it looks like I am going to move brokers again. I was looking at their rollovers and there is some dodgy dealings going on there. https://www.fxpro.co.uk/trading/calculators/swap

Take nzdusd as am example where US is 2% and NZD is 1.75%. A short position should earn and a long position should be paid. Not with FX Pro. Those @ssh0les seem to take a share of the rollover. While I do not really hold positions it leaves a bad taste that they are doing this so I am on the hunt for another broker.

Reactions: Nowler and swissy

FXX

Experienced member
1,138 190
Right, back to the thread and less pointless levels or assumptions where things are going. Feel free to start your own thread but don't come here and with that because I'll just close this thread and start a new one completely locked down which wouldn't be fair to others that want to participate in context to the thread.

Reactions: swissy

Vasi

71 1
Right, back to the thread and less pointless levels or assumptions where things are going. Feel free to start your own thread but don't come here and with that because I'll just close this thread and start a new one completely locked down which wouldn't be fair to others that want to participate in context to the thread.
Why? Isn't that a public forum?

Bluedog

8 2
Hi FXX, not sure if this is helpful or not but if or when you decide to trade full time, you need the support of your wife. You need to discuss topics like : how can she best support you, your hours of work, agree to a budget, a backup plan if things go wrong etc. I have done this and believe me it helps a lot! I am fortunate my wife is still working full time which has allowed me to fully develop my trade style over the last few years and test it in many market conditions. It has also allowed me to really know myself and how I handle/copy with trading. I would recommend having no debt (if possible) as this is one less thing to worry about. Keeping fit and healthy is important as it should help reduce stress. Anyway just me with some thoughts you can take or leave :)
Ps: I am currently teaching my wife to trade so we can work together in the near future.