My friend's holy grail

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyjake1961

Hi everyone,

I have this kiddo friend of mine who is covertly known as a trading prodigy in some Forex circles despite his rather young years. Judging by the Jaguar XF he drives and by the fact that he has no mortgage on his luxury apartment in his mid-twenties, I take it he is pretty successful with his trading, cause that's all he now does for living, despite having been schooled in several fields.

I got to know him through some mutual acquaintances working for Forex brokers. The brokers do not quite like this guy in my understanding for an apparent reason yet he must have some dealings with them, as he regularly attends their expos worldwide and is on a first name basis with quite a few of their bosses.

He has recently shared with me a couple of tick data backtests of his most recent EA for EURUSD and GBPUSD showing an untold combined net profit of 730% over the last 2.5 years. According to his words, one pair always makes up for the other one whenever a losing trade (or a series of them) occurs, despite the two pairs being known to behave similarly and sharing the same trading strategy.

He created this EA for participation in an online contest at removed by mods (please, don't consider as advertising - I've never liked this flashy stuff but maybe it's just me). I have also seen his live trading with Pepperstone where the trades on his live account pretty accurately match those on his tick data backtests. However, I did not get the privilege to receive an actual copy of the EA from him. He says he might share it with me after the contest is over but we are yet to see that happening.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure what the damn thing might be all about based on the backtest reports and settings. Clearly, I lack expertise on the matter, so this forum looks like an ideal place for this task - well, at least as good as it can get.

I am attaching the original backtest reports and their combination produced in a program called ReportManager. This program, however, merely adds up the trades, not calculating the impact of the lot and balance change over the course of two pairs being traded simultaneously (and I don't even know if a program doing that even exists).

Any thoughts as to what his strategy can be as well as attempts to reconstruct it in an EA would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jake

Attachments

• EU2011-2013.htm
    150.2 KB · Views: 465
  • EU2011-2013.gif
    EU2011-2013.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 492
  • GU2011-2013.htm
    272.1 KB · Views: 850
  • GU2011-2013.gif
    GU2011-2013.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 709
  • CombinedBacktestReport.htm
    196.2 KB · Views: 502
  • CombinedBacktestReport.png
    CombinedBacktestReport.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 327
  • CombinedBacktestReport.csv
    70.9 KB · Views: 259
Last edited by a moderator:
@babyjake1961 hello,

I have looked your friend's portfolio, i believe that it is genuine and it is quite possible. The data shown has proven that his balance rise from $10000 to $40000 in a year, which i think it is possible.

In that case, can i get more details about his EA method? Do you have facebook/twitter some electronic way of communication? If you have facebook etc... i will like to add you as friend and discuss more about that. For now, hope you will accpet me as a friend in this forum, i will also send you a message too. I hope you can email me about his way of trading in forex, my email is [email protected]

By the way, a little details of myself, I am 20 years old and searching ways and methods before entering the live trading in forex. Yup, i am still searching methods to build EA too(hoping somebody wll help me and share the knowledge) and i am willling to learn programming.

Sincerely,
Daniel.

Hi everyone,

I have this kiddo friend of mine who is covertly known as a trading prodigy in some Forex circles despite his rather young years. Judging by the Jaguar XF he drives and by the fact that he has no mortgage on his luxury apartment in his mid-twenties, I take it he is pretty successful with his trading, cause that's all he now does for living, despite having been schooled in several fields.

I got to know him through some mutual acquaintances working for Forex brokers. The brokers do not quite like this guy in my understanding for an apparent reason yet he must have some dealings with them, as he regularly attends their expos worldwide and is on a first name basis with quite a few of their bosses.

He has recently shared with me a couple of tick data backtests of his most recent EA for EURUSD and GBPUSD showing an untold combined net profit of 730% over the last 2.5 years. According to his words, one pair always makes up for the other one whenever a losing trade (or a series of them) occurs, despite the two pairs being known to behave similarly and sharing the same trading strategy.

He created this EA for participation in an online contest at forexsensation.com (please, don't consider as advertising - I've never liked this flashy stuff but maybe it's just me). I have also seen his live trading with Pepperstone where the trades on his live account pretty accurately match those on his tick data backtests. However, I did not get the privilege to receive an actual copy of the EA from him. He says he might share it with me after the contest is over but we are yet to see that happening.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure what the damn thing might be all about based on the backtest reports and settings. Clearly, I lack expertise on the matter, so this forum looks like an ideal place for this task - well, at least as good as it can get.

I am attaching the original backtest reports and their combination produced in a program called ReportManager. This program, however, merely adds up the trades, not calculating the impact of the lot and balance change over the course of two pairs being traded simultaneously (and I don't even know if a program doing that even exists).

Any thoughts as to what his strategy can be as well as attempts to reconstruct it in an EA would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jake
get a renko chart, and apply a 1period sma, over a 5 period sma and I guarantee you will get a backtest report that will probably do better than these.
would you trade a 1sma, over a 5? of course not. But it makes for great backtested results

get a renko chart, and apply a 1period sma, over a 5 period sma and I guarantee you will get a backtest report that will probably do better than these.
would you trade a 1sma, over a 5? of course not. But it makes for great backtested results

Really? then, do you know how to program and do the backtest? Any suggestions?:idea:
(By the way, this is the first time i heard people using renko charts, mostly only trend-traders uses renko only);)

@babyjake1961 hello,

I have looked your friend's portfolio, i believe that it is genuine and it is quite possible. The data shown has proven that his balance rise from $10000 to $40000 in a year, which i think it is possible.

In that case, can i get more details about his EA method? Do you have facebook/twitter some electronic way of communication? If you have facebook etc... i will like to add you as friend and discuss more about that. For now, hope you will accpet me as a friend in this forum, i will also send you a message too. I hope you can email me about his way of trading in forex, my email is [email protected]

By the way, a little details of myself, I am 20 years old and searching ways and methods before entering the live trading in forex. Yup, i am still searching methods to build EA too(hoping somebody wll help me and share the knowledge) and i am willling to learn programming.

Sincerely,
Daniel.
Hi Daniel,

I would like to keep all discussions of this EA to this thread, so that others could also contribute.

For now, I know no more of the EA than I posted. Upon a member's suggestion at another forum, I asked this guy for longer tick data backtests (as far as the data goes). Will post them here once he sends them to me.

Hi Daniel,

I would like to keep all discussions of this EA to this thread, so that others could also contribute.

For now, I know no more of the EA than I posted. Upon a member's suggestion at another forum, I asked this guy for longer tick data backtests (as far as the data goes). Will post them here once he sends them to me.

:clap::clap::clap:
Ok, Thanks a lot.

Hi everyone,

He created this EA for participation in an online contest at forexsensation.com (please, don't consider as advertising - I've never liked this flashy stuff but maybe it's just me). I have also seen his live trading with Pepperstone where the trades on his live account pretty accurately match those on his tick data backtests. However, I did not get the privilege to receive an actual copy of the EA from him. He says he might share it with me after the contest is over but we are yet to see that happening.

Kind regards,
Jake

Is he called Mike Dillard?

Not even for $10,000, or a $1m?
He doesn't see a point in selling EAs. One doesn't need to sell a truly good EA to make money off it but will trade with it instead. All those that are massively sold are either shams or make so little that the gain isn't worth the pain. He might be willing to exchange it for another worthy EA if someone has something to offer him.

Nice, i hope i can see how his EA works. And, there is so many people selling their EA online, what's more most of them are scammers.
(hoping that he will post it here for sharing purposes.)

making serious meny in trading is hard but not impossible

if you have the intelligence,experience and contacts to define and design decent systems ......then you just need to apply the focus and time to the game and the money will flow ........flowing directly in relationship to the capital applied ........the more you apply the more will be received .......in truckloads if that is what is applied in the front end ......

I think that you need to go back and talk to your friend and beg steal or borrow to become part of what he does.......

then let us know how it goes some day

Best regards
N

Backtests don't mean anything, the results are skewed.

Even forward demo results are skewed as stops don't get hit, even when they should have been. I found this out just the other day whilst demo testing a new intense strategy - so any MT4 demo results are absolutely useless and should be disregarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.