The rules:

Amount per point: total capital divided by 85

Entry points:

Buy when price reaches 80

Sell when it reaches 30

Exit point:

When I have made 10 points

Stop loss:

When buying at 80 and if prices drops to 65, when selling at 30 and price rises to 45

This system really works, backtest it on IG if you like.

The reason why I'm sharing it because I want more traders to use it so we can share our experiences so it can be continually improved.:cool:

I'll get straight to the point and show you my system:

Spread betting company: IG

Market(I only use 1): EUR/GBP Up

This is a binary market.

The rules:

Amount per point: total capital divided by 85

Entry points:

Buy when price reaches 80

Sell when it reaches 30

Exit point:

When I have made 10 points

Stop loss:

When buying at 80 and if prices drops to 65, when selling at 30 and price rises to 45

This system really works, backtest it on IG if you like.

The reason why I'm sharing it because I want more traders to use it so we can share our experiences so it can be continually improved.:cool:

I too use IG to backtest strategies. Do u know how to program in the following statement?

If price is above 100 moving average Buy when the price increases by 50 pips.

Would be much appreciated, cannot work this out!

REM Buy

indicator1 = (close + 50)
indicator2 = Average[100](close)
c1 = (indicator1 > indicator2)

IF c1 THEN
BUY 1 SHARES AT MARKET THISBARONCLOSE
ENDIF

strangely got 161% on this lol

REM Buy

IF c1 THEN
ENDIF

Phil, you are a legend! So I can tinker away with this now. So to confirm, I type exactly this into the easy language box:

REM Buy

IF c1 THEN
ENDIF

Or have you used a little bit of short hand somewhere?

That should work i think, but only after the bar has CLOSED more than 50pips away, you'll have to read the pdf to change this.

This is only for the probacktest not for making an indicator, if you want to give me the specific rules for buying exiting + stops I'll get back to you later.

I'm only just getting back into coding, wouldn't mind a few automated systems when I'm on holiday you see.

That should work i think, but only after the bar has CLOSED more than 50pips away, you'll have to read the pdf to change this.

This is only for the probacktest not for making an indicator, if you want to give me the specific rules for buying exiting + stops I'll get back to you later.

I'm only just getting back into coding, wouldn't mind a few automated systems when I'm on holiday you see.

Yeah, I've just learned how to write a very basic automated strategy in the Pro Backtester (which I'm using to give me buy/sell signals/entry points, don't know if I should create my own indicator to sharpen this up?), but couldn't work out how to say if the price increases or decreases do... Therefore, I'll let you know if I get any joy. I'm getting ahead of myself perhaps, but at some point I want to add in a comand that says: As soon as the price moves 15points in my favour move the stop to breakeven (taking into account commission/spread).

I haven't ventured into making an indicator (perhaps I'll have a go at some point), so I'll try typing the code you sent into the Pro Backtester and see what happens. I hope I don't get a message saying there's a slight error, this can be frustrating. I've really got into this automated thing because I want to be away from my computer and also take the emotional element away. I haven't found the Pro Backtester manual much help so anything I've learned is purely by trial and error! It's good to have a contact who knows about this automated language and uses the same platform. If I become proficient enough I can try and help you if you have any problems.

I've traded a similar system. Providing you have VERY good discipline it is possible to benefit especially in the second half of the binary period and towards the end of the period. However, in fast market movements, you will be screwed. You also haven't said which expiry you're using. 5 minute? 1 hour? Daily?

Hmmm? This is BULL****!
I wud never buyanything at 80!!! when the maximum i can get is 20??
uppttter nonsense!

REM Buy

IF c1 THEN
ENDIF

Hi Phil, tried this and it worked nicely, but I don't think (as you mentioned?) it seems to acknowledge the only buy when price has moved up 50 points command. Not quite sure how to rectify this, any suggestions? The pdf manual is not very good on this front.

The expiry used is 5 minutes, although trading binarys has more negatives than positives mainly because of the point shadowninja pointed; you'll more likely than not get screwed when markets move rapidly. I later realized it's not such a fantastic spread betting system...