Multiple trades and settlement in electronic trading platforms

fbc

2 0
I have been doing some reading about brokerages and what they do. One common denominator in all is that they offer a software you can use to place trades. I liked etrade and i am curious about how i would use it.

Lets say i see a trade that can make me some money real quick. Say i spot one at 20.10 that can go to 20.40 in the course of the day. So i buy at 20.10 and sell when its at 20.40

My question is, when i click sell at 20.40, do they sell instantly and money made available plus the profit i made immediately into my account?

Second question, can i use the money i earned to make other stock purchases?

So i guess, my big question is, does etrade and other brokerage software deposit the profit immediately to my account?

Thanks.

Manostrell

48 3
In general, all financial operations - profit making, account replenishment, withdrawal of funds, etc. - should be carried out instantly. Well, unless the withdrawal of funds may take some time, if it is not carried out automatically, and this is done by a certain group of people in a brokerage company... But all the rest should be executed instantly. And if it is - then of course, after closing the order you can immediately distribute your finances for the next positions. But if you are constantly watching some delays or something like that - then you definitely need to clarify all the information from your brokerage company. And if this prevents you, then just change the company, you should not miss an opportunity because of this. You should be comfortable in your work.

Vikazahn

22 2
I agree with the opinion that this is technically done or should be done instantly. But in practice, often everything happens differently. And it can happen for several reasons. First, the company itself may be interested in the fact that all operations are performed with delays and, accordingly, traders are unable to achieve their goals. And this is what I mean by fraudulent companies, which want to get money of their clients. But most often there is a situation, which leads to the same results, but caused by other reasons. Companies do not invest enough money in the development of their trading terminal, respectively, at high load it starts to work much slower and we see that the work becomes less productive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock