Multi Screen Setup - Need recommendation

star-trader

Looking to setup 4 screens on one PC. I understand from reading numerous posts there are 2 options.

1) Quad card
2) 2 x Dual cards

Can people recommend brand of cards that are known and tested to work and be fully compatible for multiple setup.

Many thanks

Cheapest way is to buy Matrox G200 MMS quad from eBay. This is a PCI card. Will handle 1280x1024 LCDs. Check that it comes with cables as the connector on the card end is a little unusual. DVI and VGA supported - by using different cables. If you are missing cables you can buy them from Matrox direct. The card is fanless and fairly low power which is a good thing and is reputedly very reliable.

Star-trader,

I use 2 x Matrox G540 PCI dual-head cards - they cost about £65 each. Each card has a VGA and a DVI connector, however the cards include a DVI->VGA convertor, so you can connect 2 VGA screens to each card. They only have 32MB memory per card, which is plenty for the purposes of trading, but not enough for graphically intense apps such as gaming.

With a bit of fiddling about in the BIOS, I also managed to re-enable the PC's onboard PCI-express graphics card (which has 128 MB memory), which means I could connect a 5th monitor at a later stage if required.

The following web-site has a lot of useful information about multi-monitor configurations....

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/

Hope this helps...